This styled shoot wedding inspiration’s theme is all about the freedom to love & the freedom to express oneself. The style is simple and interesting without overshadowing the emotion. Since the shoot took place in a beautiful New Hampshire apple orchard, the vendors couldn’t resist doing a play on Eve(s) in the garden.
Mary Trombley of Lotus Floral Designs based in New Hampshire was the creative force behind this Southwestern bohemian-inspired styled shoot. “I don’t like pretty,” she said. “I’m not inspired by traditional and pretty. I’m inspired by brides who do their own thing, who wear what they like instead of what is expected, who mix it up with edgy and fun pieces.”
Inspired by the desert and using Southwestern and tribal motifs as well as animal décor (skulls, antlers, shells and feathers), Mary’s wild and free-formed designs were tempered by the lush trees and rolling hills of the apple orchard. The persona of Eve began to emerge from this juxtaposition,—the essence of fierce femininity in the absence of an Adam, posed instead with a female companion.
Macrame features heavily in this shoot, with handmade creations by Rissa Bee Designs. The showpiece was a full curtain placed as a backdrop on the ceremony arbor. Other interesting things to note are the cake swing in the teepee, the bouquet wraps, seat covers, placemats and place settings.
Photographer: Erika Follansbee Photography
Location: Carter Hill Orchard
Hair Stylist: Mode Salon
Bakery: Autumn Nomad Cakes & Cafe
Floral Designer: Lotus Floral Designs
Decor: Rissa Bee Designs
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts