Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
This styled shoot is all about how to perfectly blend two brides with opposite styles—one extremely feminine, one very edgy. The overall color scheme is neutrals and pinks with pops of black and accented wood elements.
The vendors incorporated greenery to have an organic and garden feel, even though it was all indoors. Starting with the tablescape, they had neutral linens, pink glass charger plate, black-rimmed white dinnerware, matte black flatware and a mixture of clear glassware with different black accents.
The vellum paper dinner menus written in black are atop the floral napkins that perfectly coordinate with the floral-inspired invitation suite. The shoot took place in a boutique hotel that has all white walls with two large gorgeous wooden doors.
The dark chocolate cake has a thin layer of buttercream with drizzling caramel from the top. The place card displays say, “Grab a bite to eat while you find your seat,” so guests knew to enjoy their cheese and prosciutto bites as they found their tables.
The wedding inspiration also featured pink vodka specialty drinks with blackberries, a rosemary sprig and a fun striped straw. The brides had one outfit change to showcase their different styles together. First they both wore soft lace floor-length gowns. Later one of them changed into a white bridal jumpsuit and the other wore an edgy short dress with a floor length chiffon overlay. With this second look, they rocked some black leather jackets as well.
Both brides had beautiful engagement rings. One had a black center stone, and one was a more traditional diamond wedding ring.
Photographer: Aj Abelman
Furniture: Halls Rental
Planner and Designer: Ohana Events
Venue: The Guesthouse Hotel
Flowers: @fleurinc Fleur Chicago
Gowns: Winnie Couture
Makeup: Wedding Makeup Artist Chicago
Hair: Claire Annette
Stationery: Too Chic Little Shab
Cake & Desserts: Cake Chicago
Appetizers: Limelight Catering
Additional Jewelry: BB Jilnen
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico