Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
This styled shoot is all about how to perfectly blend two brides with opposite styles—one extremely feminine, one very edgy. The overall color scheme is neutrals and pinks with pops of black and accented wood elements.
The vendors incorporated greenery to have an organic and garden feel, even though it was all indoors. Starting with the tablescape, they had neutral linens, pink glass charger plate, black-rimmed white dinnerware, matte black flatware and a mixture of clear glassware with different black accents.
The vellum paper dinner menus written in black are atop the floral napkins that perfectly coordinate with the floral-inspired invitation suite. The shoot took place in a boutique hotel that has all white walls with two large gorgeous wooden doors.
The dark chocolate cake has a thin layer of buttercream with drizzling caramel from the top. The place card displays say, “Grab a bite to eat while you find your seat,” so guests knew to enjoy their cheese and prosciutto bites as they found their tables.
The wedding inspiration also featured pink vodka specialty drinks with blackberries, a rosemary sprig and a fun striped straw. The brides had one outfit change to showcase their different styles together. First they both wore soft lace floor-length gowns. Later one of them changed into a white bridal jumpsuit and the other wore an edgy short dress with a floor length chiffon overlay. With this second look, they rocked some black leather jackets as well.
Both brides had beautiful engagement rings. One had a black center stone, and one was a more traditional diamond wedding ring.
Photographer: Aj Abelman
Furniture: Halls Rental
Planner and Designer: Ohana Events
Venue: The Guesthouse Hotel
Flowers: @fleurinc Fleur Chicago
Gowns: Winnie Couture
Makeup: Wedding Makeup Artist Chicago
Hair: Claire Annette
Stationery: Too Chic Little Shab
Cake & Desserts: Cake Chicago
Appetizers: Limelight Catering
Additional Jewelry: BB Jilnen
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal