Blue, cowboy boot wedding in Columbus, Ohio
Susan and Melissa began their wedding day getting ready in separate rooms. After the two were ready, they got together for a first look. Susan waited at the top of the stairs with her back turned as Melissa ascended the stairs, wearing a strapless wedding gown. Susan wore grey dress pants, a white button-up shirt, and blue vest. This shade of blue was prevalent throughout the day.
Susan’s five wedding attendants dressed in the same fashion as Susan, with a matching blue vest. Melissa’s five wedding attendants wore matching halter dresses in an identical shade of blue to match the vests. Everyone in the wedding party, including Susan and Melissa wore cowboy boots. Everyone took photos before the ceremony, and then Susan changed into a dress for the ceremony at the park.
Susan walked down the aisle with her father, and then Melissa walked down the aisle with her brother. The couple included Melissa’s daughter Bella in the exchanging of the rings.
The newlyweds had two cakes, a multi-layer ombre cake with a blue and white cat cake topper, and an armadillo cake inspired by the movie “Steel Magnolia.”
For gifts, the couple gave guests personalized Hershey kisses decorated with pictures of Susan and Melissa on the wrappers, as well as mason jars filled with cookie mix. The mason jars held a special sentimental value, as each one had belonged to Melissa’s grandmother.
Photographer: Mak Rabbitt Photography
Bakery: Alices Piece of Cake
Caterer: Bosc + Brie
DJ: Buckeye Entertainment
Hair Stylist: Charles Penzone Grand Salon
Dress Store: David’s Bridal
Reception Venue: North Bank Park Pavilion
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal