Blue, cowboy boot wedding in Columbus, Ohio
Susan and Melissa began their wedding day getting ready in separate rooms. After the two were ready, they got together for a first look. Susan waited at the top of the stairs with her back turned as Melissa ascended the stairs, wearing a strapless wedding gown. Susan wore grey dress pants, a white button-up shirt, and blue vest. This shade of blue was prevalent throughout the day.
Susan’s five wedding attendants dressed in the same fashion as Susan, with a matching blue vest. Melissa’s five wedding attendants wore matching halter dresses in an identical shade of blue to match the vests. Everyone in the wedding party, including Susan and Melissa wore cowboy boots. Everyone took photos before the ceremony, and then Susan changed into a dress for the ceremony at the park.
Susan walked down the aisle with her father, and then Melissa walked down the aisle with her brother. The couple included Melissa’s daughter Bella in the exchanging of the rings.
The newlyweds had two cakes, a multi-layer ombre cake with a blue and white cat cake topper, and an armadillo cake inspired by the movie “Steel Magnolia.”
For gifts, the couple gave guests personalized Hershey kisses decorated with pictures of Susan and Melissa on the wrappers, as well as mason jars filled with cookie mix. The mason jars held a special sentimental value, as each one had belonged to Melissa’s grandmother.
Photographer: Mak Rabbitt Photography
Bakery: Alices Piece of Cake
Caterer: Bosc + Brie
DJ: Buckeye Entertainment
Hair Stylist: Charles Penzone Grand Salon
Dress Store: David’s Bridal
Reception Venue: North Bank Park Pavilion
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to shop for (and rent) your wedding suit or tuxedo
- Should I invite my ex to my wedding?
- Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding