Book-Themed Ideas for the Bookworm Brides and Grooms
Admittedly, we’re major bookworms here at Equally Wed and have a weakness for library-inspired details, which is why we were completely smitten with the ideas that TresSugar came up with for a book-themed event. Fellow book lovers, dive into these 10 page-turning Dewey Decimal details to add a dose of literary charm to your big day celebrations (p.s. you’ll want to bookmark these!):
Tell your personal love story by labeling each table with a different chapter at the reception with a decorative index showing the seat assignments.
It’s certainly fitting to get married in a locale that houses thousands of love stories. Wow friends and family by having your event in your local library, a la Carrie Bradshaw’s original plan in the Sex and the City movie.
Add literary charm to your centerpieces by stacking books, topped with table numbers. Add some personal touches by using you and your new spouse’s hardback favorites.
Infuse vintage library style with card catalogs to hold your guests’ seating assignments, or create boxes to resemble them as brides Jenna and Christina did.
Sweets look even sweeter when wrapped in stories! Wrap book pages into cones and fill with candy or other goodies to give out as favors.
Let guests type out their well wishes in old-school fashion—with a vintage typewriter.
Have someone crafty make a paper-flower bouquet for the brides-to-be.
Enlist your crafty friend to turn beloved books into garlands and decor for a backdrop that’s like a fairytale.
Wrap book pages around the napkins with the names of the guests.
This book page decorated cake is the perfect dessert for a happy ending.
Be sure to check out TresSugar’s 20 other ideas for a book-themed wedding!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset