Book-Themed Ideas for the Bookworm Brides and Grooms
Admittedly, we’re major bookworms here at Equally Wed and have a weakness for library-inspired details, which is why we were completely smitten with the ideas that TresSugar came up with for a book-themed event. Fellow book lovers, dive into these 10 page-turning Dewey Decimal details to add a dose of literary charm to your big day celebrations (p.s. you’ll want to bookmark these!):
Tell your personal love story by labeling each table with a different chapter at the reception with a decorative index showing the seat assignments.
It’s certainly fitting to get married in a locale that houses thousands of love stories. Wow friends and family by having your event in your local library, a la Carrie Bradshaw’s original plan in the Sex and the City movie.
Add literary charm to your centerpieces by stacking books, topped with table numbers. Add some personal touches by using you and your new spouse’s hardback favorites.
Infuse vintage library style with card catalogs to hold your guests’ seating assignments, or create boxes to resemble them as brides Jenna and Christina did.
Sweets look even sweeter when wrapped in stories! Wrap book pages into cones and fill with candy or other goodies to give out as favors.
Let guests type out their well wishes in old-school fashion—with a vintage typewriter.
Have someone crafty make a paper-flower bouquet for the brides-to-be.
Enlist your crafty friend to turn beloved books into garlands and decor for a backdrop that’s like a fairytale.
Wrap book pages around the napkins with the names of the guests.
This book page decorated cake is the perfect dessert for a happy ending.
Be sure to check out TresSugar’s 20 other ideas for a book-themed wedding!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding