Natural Butch Bride Beauty How-To from Our Photo Shoot
As any butch beauty who has been in the spotlight will tell you, a little makeup can go a long way (check out our makeup tips from three of our fave andro celebs), and photographers’ lenses aren’t always forgiving. Yesterday, we gave you the scoop on how to recreate one of our April cover girls’ beauty looks for your own big day. Today, we’re taking you behind the scenes on our butch bride’s look, which is clean and natural, a la Ellen DeGeneres, with a chic pompadour-like hairstyle that has recently rocked the men’s and women’s fashion runways.
FACE: Makeup artist Rebecca Casciano prepped model Zuza Pactwa’s skin with Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Lotion and applied 100% Pure Healthy Skin Foundation in Peach Bisque using an EcoTools foundation brush. She then applied Tarte Dark Circle Defense in Light-Medium to the under eye area with an EcoTools’ concealer brush (you can also use your fingertip). Powder to set and for longer wear with Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder.
EYES: Fill in eyebrows with Shobha Brow Pencil in Sand, comb through with Eco Tools eyebrow brush. Using an angled brush, she applied 100% Pure Eye Shadow in Cocoa Plum as an eyeliner to the upper and lower lash, for a more natural look, followed by 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara in Dark Chocolate to upper and lower lashes.
CHEEKS: Define cheekbones and add warmth with Nvey Eco Compact Powder Natural Bronzer.
LIPS: 100% Pure Perfect Pink Creamstick was used to give her lips a subtle hint of color.
Hairstylist Astrid Dahl of Aveda created a polished pompadour look using this simple four-step process:
|Blowdry with Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother.|
|Brush hair into a high ponytail, using the end of pony to create a faux short hairstyle.|
|Aveda Control Paste to hold and smooth flyaway hairs.|
|Aveda Air Control hairspray to set.|
Photo: Ryan Carville Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal