California beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
After a virtual wedding ceremony that included family and friends, KJ and Alise celebrated their marriage with an intimate beach photo session at Montaña de Oro State Park in Los Osos, California. Beyond the beach, the couple explored other areas of the state park, as well, posing amongst the lush greenery.
The pair met in 2009, when they were both part of the same doctoral program at UC Santa Barbara. “We were obligated to hang out,” they write, “But once we started, we basically never stopped.”
Both KJ and Alise proposed to each other in spectacularly romantic places. KJ popped the question while they were camping along the ocean, and Alisa did so on top of the Eiffel Tower.
Their photographer, Renoda Campbell, writes that “their playfulness, passion, friendship and lastly, true love for each other showed with every look and touch.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Renoda Campbell Photography
Venue: Montaña de Oro State Park
Beauty: Bluebird Salon
Hair: Leah Heidler
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor