California beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
After a virtual wedding ceremony that included family and friends, KJ and Alise celebrated their marriage with an intimate beach photo session at Montaña de Oro State Park in Los Osos, California. Beyond the beach, the couple explored other areas of the state park, as well, posing amongst the lush greenery.
The pair met in 2009, when they were both part of the same doctoral program at UC Santa Barbara. “We were obligated to hang out,” they write, “But once we started, we basically never stopped.”
Both KJ and Alise proposed to each other in spectacularly romantic places. KJ popped the question while they were camping along the ocean, and Alisa did so on top of the Eiffel Tower.
Their photographer, Renoda Campbell, writes that “their playfulness, passion, friendship and lastly, true love for each other showed with every look and touch.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Renoda Campbell Photography
Venue: Montaña de Oro State Park
Beauty: Bluebird Salon
Hair: Leah Heidler
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights