California beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
After a virtual wedding ceremony that included family and friends, KJ and Alise celebrated their marriage with an intimate beach photo session at Montaña de Oro State Park in Los Osos, California. Beyond the beach, the couple explored other areas of the state park, as well, posing amongst the lush greenery.
The pair met in 2009, when they were both part of the same doctoral program at UC Santa Barbara. “We were obligated to hang out,” they write, “But once we started, we basically never stopped.”
Both KJ and Alise proposed to each other in spectacularly romantic places. KJ popped the question while they were camping along the ocean, and Alisa did so on top of the Eiffel Tower.
Their photographer, Renoda Campbell, writes that “their playfulness, passion, friendship and lastly, true love for each other showed with every look and touch.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Renoda Campbell Photography
Venue: Montaña de Oro State Park
Beauty: Bluebird Salon
Hair: Leah Heidler
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples