Stunning outdoor elopement on the island of Bora Bora
After meeting online, Ashley proposed to Lauren on a private sunset catamaran in the British Virgin Islands. To continue their adventure, the couple eloped in Bora Bora, which had been on their travel bucket list for years.
“While we love our family and friends,” they write, “we didn’t want any distractions or have to worry about anyone else other than ourselves on our special day.”
To prepare for the big day, the couple went wedding dress shopping together, and they also got ready together on the day of the wedding.
“We wanted our special day to be about us and make it what we wanted,” they say, “so we broke the traditional rules and enjoyed being with and supporting each other through every step of the process.”
Their advice for other couples planning elopements: Do tons of research.
“Use wedding planners on site, ask for lots of pictures of the location and decor and ultimately, don’t settle for anything less that what you want on your wedding day. This is one of the most important days of your life, make it about you and try to tune out other people’s input that isn’t needed or wanted. Remember that this special day is about you as a couple and you make the rules!”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Marc Gérard Photography
Attire: Sottero and Midgley; Kitty Chen Couture
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts