Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
Bianca and Liesa wanted their wedding to be “colorful, intimate, and full of joy.” They describe it as a relaxing day in the German countryside, involving several DIY elements.
The ceremony was supposed to be outside, but just before it was set to begin, it started to rain and the ceremony was moved indoors. Bianca and Liesa loved it, though, and say it only made the event cozier.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Surrounding yourself with good people and loving friends is the best thing to do. A good advice for life, not for weddings only.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The biggest stumbling blocks presumably are in your own mind. But we are lucky to live in Germany, where civil weddings are allowed since a few years now.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Luckily not. All vendors and locations were really open.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Marc Benkmann Photography
Venue: MühlenSchänke Appenheim
Attire: Von Eiden
Officiant Company: Glückhochzwei
Hair and Makeup: Orsolya
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds