Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
Bianca and Liesa wanted their wedding to be “colorful, intimate, and full of joy.” They describe it as a relaxing day in the German countryside, involving several DIY elements.
The ceremony was supposed to be outside, but just before it was set to begin, it started to rain and the ceremony was moved indoors. Bianca and Liesa loved it, though, and say it only made the event cozier.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Surrounding yourself with good people and loving friends is the best thing to do. A good advice for life, not for weddings only.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The biggest stumbling blocks presumably are in your own mind. But we are lucky to live in Germany, where civil weddings are allowed since a few years now.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Luckily not. All vendors and locations were really open.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Marc Benkmann Photography
Venue: MühlenSchänke Appenheim
Attire: Von Eiden
Officiant Company: Glückhochzwei
Hair and Makeup: Orsolya
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches