Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
Bianca and Liesa wanted their wedding to be “colorful, intimate, and full of joy.” They describe it as a relaxing day in the German countryside, involving several DIY elements.
The ceremony was supposed to be outside, but just before it was set to begin, it started to rain and the ceremony was moved indoors. Bianca and Liesa loved it, though, and say it only made the event cozier.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Surrounding yourself with good people and loving friends is the best thing to do. A good advice for life, not for weddings only.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The biggest stumbling blocks presumably are in your own mind. But we are lucky to live in Germany, where civil weddings are allowed since a few years now.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Luckily not. All vendors and locations were really open.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Marc Benkmann Photography
Venue: MühlenSchänke Appenheim
Attire: Von Eiden
Officiant Company: Glückhochzwei
Hair and Makeup: Orsolya
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor