Casual and joyous engagement session at a California Christmas tree farm
Britney and Marie’s love story began on Bumble. While they didn’t feel romantic sparks right away, they quickly became best friends. Eventually, the couple realized their relationship was something more.
“She made the first move and decided to just kiss me one day!” says Britney. “I was in shock because I thought she wanted to just be friends, but I was also over the moon at the fact she kissed me because deep down I really wanted to be more than just friends!”
A year and a half later, Marie proposed at sunset during a trip to Hawaii, at a beautiful beach spot on the island of Kauai.
Later, Britney and Marie celebrated their engagement with a photo session among the pine trees of the Peltzer Pines Christmas tree farm.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Lauren Ashley Photo
Venue: Peltzer Pines
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding