Sweet Central Park proposal
My partner Xuan and I had planned on going to NYC to visit one of my best friends. Little did I know this weekend I’d be getting engaged. We were told to meet my friend in Central Park for a “picnic”. Once we saw her she said, “Ok I have a surprise for you both, let me blind fold you”. This would make anyone raise an eyebrow, but she blind folded Xuan first so I thought ok no funny business going on here. Once we arrived to the location, I was brought to the most beautiful set up I’ve ever seen. La Vie En Rose started playing. Trinkets from Etsy all over, our favorite donuts from back home, the gorgeous Belvedere Castle and there was Xuan in front of me. Nervous, shaking … looking so beautiful.
After she asked me to marry her, and me saying yes of course, I was surprised by my good friend’s daughter; mind you, they live in Miami with us! Slowly but surely all of my best friends started coming out from behind trees, to my surprise they all flew up to be a part of this special day. I was completely overwhelmed. We ended up having a beautiful picnic, took lots of photos, facetimed with Xuan’s family and friends in France. As if this wasn’t enough, Xuan shows me a video she made of our friends and families from all over the world sending us well wishes and support for our love. Most importantly a clip of her asking my mother for my hand in marriage. The rest of the weekend was spent going to our favorite spots in NYC, always taking great photos and enjoying our time as a newly engaged couple.
Photographer: Omnia Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot