Sweet Central Park proposal
My partner Xuan and I had planned on going to NYC to visit one of my best friends. Little did I know this weekend I’d be getting engaged. We were told to meet my friend in Central Park for a “picnic”. Once we saw her she said, “Ok I have a surprise for you both, let me blind fold you”. This would make anyone raise an eyebrow, but she blind folded Xuan first so I thought ok no funny business going on here. Once we arrived to the location, I was brought to the most beautiful set up I’ve ever seen. La Vie En Rose started playing. Trinkets from Etsy all over, our favorite donuts from back home, the gorgeous Belvedere Castle and there was Xuan in front of me. Nervous, shaking … looking so beautiful.
After she asked me to marry her, and me saying yes of course, I was surprised by my good friend’s daughter; mind you, they live in Miami with us! Slowly but surely all of my best friends started coming out from behind trees, to my surprise they all flew up to be a part of this special day. I was completely overwhelmed. We ended up having a beautiful picnic, took lots of photos, facetimed with Xuan’s family and friends in France. As if this wasn’t enough, Xuan shows me a video she made of our friends and families from all over the world sending us well wishes and support for our love. Most importantly a clip of her asking my mother for my hand in marriage. The rest of the weekend was spent going to our favorite spots in NYC, always taking great photos and enjoying our time as a newly engaged couple.
Photographer: Omnia Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy