Sweet Central Park proposal
My partner Xuan and I had planned on going to NYC to visit one of my best friends. Little did I know this weekend I’d be getting engaged. We were told to meet my friend in Central Park for a “picnic”. Once we saw her she said, “Ok I have a surprise for you both, let me blind fold you”. This would make anyone raise an eyebrow, but she blind folded Xuan first so I thought ok no funny business going on here. Once we arrived to the location, I was brought to the most beautiful set up I’ve ever seen. La Vie En Rose started playing. Trinkets from Etsy all over, our favorite donuts from back home, the gorgeous Belvedere Castle and there was Xuan in front of me. Nervous, shaking … looking so beautiful.
After she asked me to marry her, and me saying yes of course, I was surprised by my good friend’s daughter; mind you, they live in Miami with us! Slowly but surely all of my best friends started coming out from behind trees, to my surprise they all flew up to be a part of this special day. I was completely overwhelmed. We ended up having a beautiful picnic, took lots of photos, facetimed with Xuan’s family and friends in France. As if this wasn’t enough, Xuan shows me a video she made of our friends and families from all over the world sending us well wishes and support for our love. Most importantly a clip of her asking my mother for my hand in marriage. The rest of the weekend was spent going to our favorite spots in NYC, always taking great photos and enjoying our time as a newly engaged couple.
Photographer: Omnia Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line