Cherry Blossoms Bloom for Washington, D.C. Photo Session
When we saw these gorgeous engagement photos of Justin and Nathan from their merry time in Washington, D.C., we immediately recalled the romantic line from poet and writer Pablo Neruda’s Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair: “I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.”
Casey Hendrickson captures Justin and Nathan’s mutual adoration beautifully in our nation’s capital. See what the wedding photographer shares about the engagement session after the photos!
From Casey Hendrickson, the wedding photographer:
Nerd Moment #724: While in high school, I was in band – both marching and concert – for piccolo and flute (just stop… stop…). I met so many incredible and talented folks there, and Justin is one of those! When he reached out to me to ask if I’d photograph his wedding, I was over the moon with excitement! Justin and Nathan met many years ago at a get together, and hit it off!
When Justin knew it was time to pop the question, he sent Nathan on a scavenger hunt and had their good friends help out by supplying the clues to Nathan that would lead him to where Justin was waiting.
At the very end of the scavenger hunt and after traveling the city, Nathan finally found Justin waiting for him at the steps in the center of Dupont Circle where Justin poured out his love and proposed to him while their family and friends cheered them on!
For their Washington, D.C. engagement session, we took D.C. by storm and traveled around to different places such as the Lincoln Memorial, the Capital, Dupont Circle (of course) and Meridian Hill Park. Lucky for us, we were also able to find some gorgeous cherry blossoms!
Photos by Casey Hendrickson Photography
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Rainbow Italian wedding in Cagliari
- The best first dance songs you can play at your wedding
- Fun, colorful arcade engagement photos
- Traditional Jewish wedding during Pride Month
- Colorful, sophisticated Latin wedding in Phoenix, Arizona
- Eclectic colorful Frida Kahlo beach wedding inspiration
- Destination Mexican beach wedding at Akiin Tulum Beach Club
- Nature and puppies wedding inspiration
- These people should hear your engagement news before you publicly announce it
- Rustic traditional Southern fall barn wedding