Chic red and white winter wedding inspiration
Courageous and bold love is rare and meant to be celebrated. Within the heart of the hustle and bustle of the River North neighborhood in downtown Chicago is Ivy Room, which is where the inspiration for this shoot began. When I first discovered the space tucked away in a brick building along Ohio Street I didn’t expect much; however, when I first walked in I was taken by the elegance and classic beauty of the space I was excited to say the least. Just when I thought I couldn’t be more enthralled with a space. Giddiness is the only word I can think of to describe it. As I journeyed through the space with a ridiculous smile on my face, I walked to the edge of the ballroom and peered out over a quaint courtyard filled with ivy and charm. It stole my heart.
Ivy Room has nuances that you see something new every time you are in the space. With this shoot I wanted to capture those feelings not only that I had for the space but with a couple that emulated unwavering love through bold colors, textures, and strength with our beautiful brides. Gerber and Scarpelli Photography took moments to enjoy and capture those nuances as well as capture all the intimate details and thoughts behind this modern, winter wedding shoot.
The combination of an arctic blue linen with cranberry, eucalyptus greens and winter white florals with hints of gold design by Fragrant Designs brought elements of sexiness, strength and what love is all about. Countless small beautiful details that come together to tell a story that work together to create something unexpected.
The sweets table featuring the incredible pastries of Toni Patisserie continued the theme of elegance and exposure. The raw brick wall as a backdrop allowed the refined pastries to become elevated with the little bit of rough around the edges to balance it. Continued with the custom stationery by Studio M Creations with the slightly worn edge on the invitations with a luscious gold script we used elements of imperfection and realness to inspire us.
This shoot was meant to push the boundaries by using different vendors to create elements that might be unexpected. Through our phaeleonopsis covered caplet designed by Fragrant Design that blended with the use of floral in our bride’s hair style by Bianca Sansoti Artistry and the use of merengue’s as place card holders we blurred the lines of what is considered “typical.”
Beauty and love are not perfect and contained. They are raw, joyful, elegant, and unexpected. Never waiver in what inspires you and gives you those butterflies.
From the photographer, Gerber + Scarpelli Photography
Photography: Gerber + Scarpelli Weddings
Reception venue: Ivy Room
Models: Selena Roque and Kyla Bancroft
Hair and makeup: Bianca Sansosti Artistry
Planner: Storybook Weddings & Events
Rentals: Halls Rental
Linens and coverings: BBJ Linen
Invitation designer: Studio M Creations
Dress designer: Regina Jules Bridal
Bakery: Toni Patisserie & Cafe
Design and decor: Fragrant Design
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts