Choose the wildest wedding venue with the Audubon Zoo and Aquarium
When it comes to choosing the site of what will be the most significant day of your life, you want to find a venue that truly reflects your unique personalities while creating an experience to remember celebrating your love with your family and friends.
Whether you’re a local or looking for an unforgettable wedding destination, New Orleans, a city long known for its open-armed embrace of the LGBTQ+ community, is the perfect location for your nuptials. In the Big Easy, you’ll find the wildest wedding venues at Audubon Zoo and Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
Both the Zoo and Aquarium are part of Audubon Nature Institute a 2019 “The Knot Best of Weddings” winner and a Charity Navigator four-star and Guidestar gold-rated nonprofit. When you plan your special day with Audubon, you’re also helping to save species and habitats around the globe. And the Audubon event team is the first green-certified caterer in Louisiana—you can be confident that your Audubon reception will be the perfect pairing of culinary excellence and environmental stewardship.
Whether you’re looking for casual and fun or formal elegance, Audubon offers venues as unique as your story and as special as your love, from the rustic charm of the Cajun Ballroom to the underwater magic of the Aquarium after dark to the classic grandeur of the Jerome S. Glazer Audubon Tea Room.
When you have your big day at the Aquarium, you’ll enter a serene underwater world with myriad options for customization. Exchange vows in front of the 400,000-gallon Gulf of Mexico habitat as sharks, rays and schools of fish glide by. Create one-of-a-kind photo opportunities in the majestic Great Maya Reef tunnel. Enjoy cocktails in the Amazon Rainforest. Dance the night away next to the breathtaking views of the Mississippi River from the Pisces Ballroom. Finish the night with a firework display on the water. However you choose to design your nuptials, Audubon will ensure your wedding is perfect.
At the Zoo, no matter which of the ceremony options on our historic grounds you choose, your union will be a picturesque dream under a canopy of sprawling live oak trees dripping with Spanish moss.
After you say, “I do,” celebrate in one of the Zoo’s distinctive reception venues. Choose the Cajun Ballroom, and experience the rustic elegance of Acadiana without leaving the city. Nestled between lagoons in the Louisiana Swamp exhibit, the Ballroom is styled as a Cajun dance hall featuring a large rustic deck overlooking the swamp, where you’ll get up-close looks at native animals such as alligators, black bears and river otters.
If world-class sophistication is more your style, look no further than the Audubon Tea Room, a luxurious ballroom with lofty ceilings, opulent silk draperies and lustrous hardwood floors leading into a lush, romantic garden.
Whatever your taste, Audubon’s event experts will work with you to plan the perfect way to begin your lives together. To learn more and begin your wedding journey, visit Audubon’s website or call (504) 212-5301.
This is a paid post in partnership with Audobon Nature Institute.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle
- Backyard South Carolina wedding on the lake