CNN anchor Don Lemon and Tim Malone got engaged in the cutest way
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 1 min read
CNN Tonight anchor Don Lemon is officially engaged. His boyfriend, real estate agent Tim Malone, proposed — by having their two dogs, Boomer and Barkley, wear collars with tags that read, “Daddy Will You Marry Papa?” Lemon revealed this on Instagram with a caption that reads, “He gave me a present on his birthday. How could I say no?”
Malone proposed after he and Lemon celebrated Malone’s birthday on Friday at a Manhattan restaurant. They have been together since 2016 and famously shared an on-air New Years’ Eve kiss to ring in 2018 as part of CNN’s coverage.
View this post on Instagram
He gave me a present on his birthday. How could I say no?
A post shared by Don Lemon (@donlemoncnn) on
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)