Colorful DIY wedding in the Catskills
Annabelle and Theresa had a colorful DIY summer wedding in the Catskill Mountains of New York.
Did you DIY your wedding flowers?
Annabelle’s father grew all of the flowers in his garden. Friends and family made the bouquets and flower arrangements.
Can you tell us about the floral garlands you wore?
Exchanging garlands is an Indian marriage tradition, which we chose to include in our ceremony because we met through an Indian spiritual path. The garlands were the only flowers we purchased from a vendor.
Can you tell us about the laminated notes hanging in the trees?
The laminated notes in the trees were written by Annabelle’s kindergarten class that year in response to the question, “What is love?” They wrote many incredible things including, “Love is powerful,” “Love is you, you are love” and “Love is kindness.”
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
During the planning process, create an intention for how you want to feel and how you want your guests to feel. For us, this was the foundation for all of our ideation and inspiration.
Photographer: Qweerk Photography
Location: Family home
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain