Fall engagement photos around landmarks in Washington, D.C.
Andrew and Tavion took their engagement photos in the fall around Washington, D.C. They are getting married in Greenville, South Carolina, later this year.
How did you two meet and start dating?
We originally knew of each other through other mutual friends, and we went on a date at first. But at that time, neither of us were ready for a relationship. About a month after that date we ran into each other again and decided to try again. The rest is history! We have been together for three years and going strong!
Tell us the proposal story!
Honestly, we were sitting in bed one day, and we had a conversation about getting married. The next thing I know, we had committed to a date for the wedding. Looking back on this, I giggle because it was not what someone would expect a proposal would be, but it was perfect for us.
What do you love about each other?
I love that we are complete opposites and totally balance each other out. We both are dorky and have silly personalities, so that means we have a lot of fun. We understand each other, even if we are not on the same page.
What do you love to do together?
We love to spend time with our pups! We have three, so they are a big part of our life. We both work a lot, so having one-on-one time is so important to us. We try to spend as much time as we can together.
When did you first know you were in love?
About a year into dating, we were at Walmart getting ready to go in. We both stopped and looked at each other. At the same time, we both said, “I love you.” In that moment, I think we realized this relationship was so much more than we thought.
Photographer: Jessica Hunt Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California