Colorful vineyard wedding in Napa Valley, California
Bradley and Michael’s colorful early August wedding took place at a private residence in Napa Valley, California, sandwiched between vineyards and mountains.
Their guests were a fashionable crowd, some of which were dressed for the royal wedding with amazing hats, and some of which were dressed for a pride parade. IThe front yard was shaded by large trees and set up for the ceremony with white chairs, a bar and a cocktail hour area.
There was a signature Japanese cocktail drink being served at the bar upon guest’s arrival and the live band, Julian + 6, was playing soft, upbeat music in the background. Both Bradley and Michael wore custom navy suits from Indochino and peacock bowties from Bow SelecTie. They got ready together in the guest house of the venue where the light was perfectly yummy. They wore colorful, fun socks to reflect their personalities and sweetly helped each other with bowties, cufflinks and boutonnières.
After some photos in the neighboring vineyard and enjoying a cocktail hour (before the ceremony) with their friends and family, the ceremony began. Their nieces and nephews walked down the aisle before them, and then Bradley and Michael made their spectacular entrance—accompanied by their dogs and set to ukulele music played live by a family member.
The officiant had a great time with the ceremony. He even had a special “officiant wig” that he put on at the beginning and wore until the end. He also had a folder that was decorated with images of The Golden Girls.
Instead of the traditional cake to cut, the grooms opted for a more personal (and delicious) dessert option. There were three separate after dinner stations: An espresso bar, a Belgian waffle bar and a fresh donut bar with a wide selection of different toppings.
The music for the rest of the evening was provided by the same live band that entertained at cocktail hour, and the guests were treated to one more surprise before dancing: Michael sang a song to his new husband with the band backing him up.
Photographer: The Gawnes
Groomsman Attire: Indochino
Bowties: Bow SelecTie
Caterer: Elaine Bell Catering
Event Designer: EVNT Works
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca