Commemorate your wedding or engagement with a custom star map
When my fiancée and I got engaged, one of my first thoughts was, “Should we get a custom star map?” I’d heard of The Night Sky and companies like it that create custom, personalized star maps of any time and place, and she and I went back and forth about whether we should get one yet.
We could commemorate the day we met or the day we started dating, we thought, but what if we waited and used a star map to celebrate our wedding or engagement? These custom star maps make a beautiful and unique keepsake to remember your special day, whether you want to honor your wedding, your engagement or another day, such as a birthday or favorite memory.
When The Night Sky reached out to me with a free sample, I jumped at the chance. Even though it hasn’t happened yet, I chose to commemorate our wedding day: September 14, 2019, in Provincetown, Massachusetts. We don’t know the exact time we’ll be officially married, so I went with 8:00 p.m. because I wanted the night’s full moon to be visible in our star map. We didn’t plan our wedding around the moon phases but we were delighted when we found out there would be a full moon the night of our wedding because my partner’s family practices an old French custom of curtsying under the full moon.
Our custom star map recently came in and we love it even more than we thought we would! We chose a dark blue sky map and a white frame and plan to hang it in our bedroom, which is painted purple. The Night Sky also now offers My Ever Map, a personalized map of any place that’s special to you, which would make another great wedding, engagement or anniversary gift.
No matter what the reason you’re celebrating, custom star maps are an excellent way to remember an important moment in your life through art that you can hang in your home.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California
- This is the history behind the traditional wedding gift rules you’ve heard
- Rustic mountain wedding at The Red Barn at Hampshire College
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia