Boat rides and dog walks during loving Baltimore engagement photos
Steve and Joe met online and had a quiet engagement, which they celebrated with photos around Baltimore, including a boat ride.
“Steve and I met online originally, although we got together for our first date in Fell’s Point. He had been running around for work the entire day and I had been planning to meet some of my friends from my master’s program for drinks after my date was over. And then the date didn’t end. We went for a walk along the waterfront (it was early November so I’m sure it was chilly, but I don’t remember being cold) and had our first kiss on a secluded stretch between Fells and Canton. Then we saw each other the next day and the next.
For the proposal, there wasn’t a formal “I’m down on one knee with a ring” moment. We reached an agreement and decided to tell our parents that we were going to start planning our wedding. We took them out to dinner and after dessert, we quieted everyone down and told them. Our mothers were very excited.” —from Joe Johnson, one half of the couple
Photographer: Urban Row Photography
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next