Vibrant, affectionate Van Vleck House and Gardens engagement photos
Danjuma and Andrew celebrated their engagement with vibrant and affectionate photos in Van Vleck House & Gardens in Montclair, New Jersey.
“We originally met because of our common interest in fitness. We realized that aspect of our lives was important to us and it progressed into a connection we began to explore during our first year of dating. We didn’t rush into a relationship but allowed things to flow naturally and soon realized we didn’t want to get involved with anyone else.
We learned a lot about our own selves as well as each other during the first four years of our relationship. It made us work through personality flaws and communicate our feelings in a way the other person would understand and not feel attacked. Those first four years taught us that we are a perfect match as we have open dialogue and we’re not afraid to be honest with one another.
That’s when I realized this is my forever partner and proposed. The proposal was done in a private dining room with our close friends fueled with emotions, intimacy and love. We are now preparing for the next stage of our lives, and look forward to sharing our special day with our closet friends and family. We are going on six years as a loving couple, and we realized the most important thing is being able to communicate openly and honestly with each other. Once that is established every obstacle can be met with the assurance that we can get through it together.” —from Danjuma, one half of the couple
Photographer: Mike Zawadzki Photography
Location: Van Vleck House & Gardens
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot