Couple recreates favorite dates during lesbian engagement photo shoot
Emily Rochotte, 5 years ago 1 min read
Anna and Carey were actually engaged quite sometime before they stepped in front of the camera to capture their love. Anna had an elaborate proposal set up to happen at Maymont Park in Richmond, VA, but Anna was so excited she couldn’t keep a secret from her best friend, and now wife, that she proposed as soon as she got home with the ring.
For their mock engagement session, Anna and Carey wanted to visit the places they would go when dating and recreate their very first date at their favorite restaurant in Carytown.
From the photographer, Crystal Reyns
Equality-minded Wedding Vendor
Photography: Crystal Reyns Photography
Emily Rochotte is a professional freelancer as well as a former assistant editor of equallywed.com, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ+ wedding magazine. Her work has been featured on HowHeAsked, Bermuda Wedding & Honeymoon, and more. Don't hesitate to say "hello!" to Emily over on Twitter at @emilybeingemily
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Same-sex couple marries in the first wedding ever held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration: celebrating queer love with a rooftop party, modern aesthetic and terracotta color palette
- European rights court finds Romania in violation of LGBTQ+ rights and orders legal protections for same-sex couples
- These two brides had their queer Christian wedding on the Seattle waterfront with nautical vibes and a rainbow cake
- From an OkCupid match to an Appalachian mountain wedding with a restored barn, bonfire and native wildflowers