Create your dream ties for your wedding day
Your wedding is one of the most important events of your life—a day that will forever be remembered and replayed in your mind. When deciding what to wear, we all want to feel special. So when I married my husband, Gio Benitez, almost a year ago (April 16, 2016), we decided to wear different, but complimentary, tuxedos from J. Crew. We wanted to show our individual personalities in what we were wearing, but we also wanted to bring the looks together by wearing the same tie. The problem was that there were no ties on the market that matched the vision we had.
We turned to David Fin Ties, a New York-based luxury neckwear company. David Herzka, the company’s young and talented founder, sources all of his fabrics from Como, Italy but has the ties handmade in New York. He created a process unlike nothing else in the market: a completely customizable tie experience in which couples can build the tie of their dreams from scratch.
He helped us pick the fabric, matched it with a pattern, choose a color that complimented both of our tuxedos, choose the width of the ties, and monogram the backs with a special message that will live on forever: “Tommy <3 Gio” on one side and “4-16-16,” on the other.
We also gave my father a personalized tie with his initials and the date on the back – a special gift for anyone in your wedding party. Not only did these ties give another layer of meaning to what we were wearing, but David Fin is a company that donates a percentage of each tie sold to help the Folded Flag Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing funding for the education of children of fallen heroes. The camouflage tip lining of the ties pays homage to the company’s work with the organization. As a fashion-loving guy and a complete sucker for love, these ties were the perfect addition to an enchanting wedding.
You can find more information on how to custom create your own ties for your wedding here.
Photos by: Studio Two Weddings
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal