Create your dream ties for your wedding day
Your wedding is one of the most important events of your life—a day that will forever be remembered and replayed in your mind. When deciding what to wear, we all want to feel special. So when I married my husband, Gio Benitez, almost a year ago (April 16, 2016), we decided to wear different, but complimentary, tuxedos from J. Crew. We wanted to show our individual personalities in what we were wearing, but we also wanted to bring the looks together by wearing the same tie. The problem was that there were no ties on the market that matched the vision we had.
We turned to David Fin Ties, a New York-based luxury neckwear company. David Herzka, the company’s young and talented founder, sources all of his fabrics from Como, Italy but has the ties handmade in New York. He created a process unlike nothing else in the market: a completely customizable tie experience in which couples can build the tie of their dreams from scratch.
He helped us pick the fabric, matched it with a pattern, choose a color that complimented both of our tuxedos, choose the width of the ties, and monogram the backs with a special message that will live on forever: “Tommy <3 Gio” on one side and “4-16-16,” on the other.
We also gave my father a personalized tie with his initials and the date on the back – a special gift for anyone in your wedding party. Not only did these ties give another layer of meaning to what we were wearing, but David Fin is a company that donates a percentage of each tie sold to help the Folded Flag Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing funding for the education of children of fallen heroes. The camouflage tip lining of the ties pays homage to the company’s work with the organization. As a fashion-loving guy and a complete sucker for love, these ties were the perfect addition to an enchanting wedding.
You can find more information on how to custom create your own ties for your wedding here.
Photos by: Studio Two Weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary