Alex and Amanda’s Mount Washington wedding was filled with DIY decor, rustic mountain style, and 100 guests. The two wanted to have an elegant wedding that was also very fun and not so serious. Family and friends watched on as the two shared their love for one another. The happy couple held bright red floral bouquets and were surrounded by maids of honour and bridesmaids dressed in black gowns which made their bright red bouquets pop.
The ceremony was customized by their officiant specifically for Alex and Amanda. They answered questions individually and together about their love story, and those answers were used to create a ceremony unique to them. The two walked down a special Y-shaped aisle, each walking down one of the two points with their fathers, meeting in the middle, then walking each other down the aisle the rest of the way.
Guests were treated to a special poutine bar at the wedding reception, which was decorated with floral centerpieces designed and arranged by Amanda and Alex themselves.
Photographer: Island Moments Photography
Wedding venue: Mount Washington
Entertainment: RSM productions
Invitations: Gayanath Dayasundara
Attire: Dream Dress for Less and David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Michael Hill
Attendant Attire: Amazon
Catering: Mount Washington
Officiant: Sarah Nakatsuka
Centerpieces and cake stand: Robin St. Pierre
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights