Alex and Amanda’s Mount Washington wedding was filled with DIY decor, rustic mountain style, and 100 guests. The two wanted to have an elegant wedding that was also very fun and not so serious. Family and friends watched on as the two shared their love for one another. The happy couple held bright red floral bouquets and were surrounded by maids of honour and bridesmaids dressed in black gowns which made their bright red bouquets pop.
The ceremony was customized by their officiant specifically for Alex and Amanda. They answered questions individually and together about their love story, and those answers were used to create a ceremony unique to them. The two walked down a special Y-shaped aisle, each walking down one of the two points with their fathers, meeting in the middle, then walking each other down the aisle the rest of the way.
Guests were treated to a special poutine bar at the wedding reception, which was decorated with floral centerpieces designed and arranged by Amanda and Alex themselves.
Photographer: Island Moments Photography
Wedding venue: Mount Washington
Entertainment: RSM productions
Invitations: Gayanath Dayasundara
Attire: Dream Dress for Less and David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Michael Hill
Attendant Attire: Amazon
Catering: Mount Washington
Officiant: Sarah Nakatsuka
Centerpieces and cake stand: Robin St. Pierre
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy