Alex and Amanda’s Mount Washington wedding was filled with DIY decor, rustic mountain style, and 100 guests. The two wanted to have an elegant wedding that was also very fun and not so serious. Family and friends watched on as the two shared their love for one another. The happy couple held bright red floral bouquets and were surrounded by maids of honour and bridesmaids dressed in black gowns which made their bright red bouquets pop.
The ceremony was customized by their officiant specifically for Alex and Amanda. They answered questions individually and together about their love story, and those answers were used to create a ceremony unique to them. The two walked down a special Y-shaped aisle, each walking down one of the two points with their fathers, meeting in the middle, then walking each other down the aisle the rest of the way.
Guests were treated to a special poutine bar at the wedding reception, which was decorated with floral centerpieces designed and arranged by Amanda and Alex themselves.
Photographer: Island Moments Photography
Wedding venue: Mount Washington
Entertainment: RSM productions
Invitations: Gayanath Dayasundara
Attire: Dream Dress for Less and David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Michael Hill
Attendant Attire: Amazon
Catering: Mount Washington
Officiant: Sarah Nakatsuka
Centerpieces and cake stand: Robin St. Pierre
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day