Cynthia Nixon Marries Longtime Partner Christine Marinoni
Former Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon now enjoys wedded bliss. Nixon and her longtime partner Christine Marinoni, an education activist, married in New York City Sunday. Nixon wore a custom Carolina Herrera gown for the nuptials, People magazine reported.
Openly gay New Hampshire Bishop Gene Robinson was rumored to be officiating the wedding, according to reports in January. Robinson became a controversial figure—in some circles—when he became the Episcopal Church’s first gay bishop.
Nixon, 46, and Marinoni, 46, met in 2001 while working together for a charity and got engaged during a 2009 rally to support gay marriage in the Empire State. The pair wanted to wait until the state legally recognized same-sex marriage, which lawmakers passed in summer 2011.
The newlyweds have three children in total, according to examiner.com. Marinoni and Nixon are the parents of 15-month-old Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni. Nixon is the mother of 16-year-old Samantha and 9-year-old Charles, with ex-husband Danny Mozes. Nixon and Mozes were married from 1988 to 2003.
Nixon portrayed Miranda in the acclaimed series and movies. Nixon also had a critically-acclaimed guest turn on ER and earned fabulous reviews for her recent performance in the play, Wit. Nixon shaved her head to help her get into character to portray a woman battling cancer.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding