Cynthia Nixon Marries Longtime Partner Christine Marinoni
Former Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon now enjoys wedded bliss. Nixon and her longtime partner Christine Marinoni, an education activist, married in New York City Sunday. Nixon wore a custom Carolina Herrera gown for the nuptials, People magazine reported.
Openly gay New Hampshire Bishop Gene Robinson was rumored to be officiating the wedding, according to reports in January. Robinson became a controversial figure—in some circles—when he became the Episcopal Church’s first gay bishop.
Nixon, 46, and Marinoni, 46, met in 2001 while working together for a charity and got engaged during a 2009 rally to support gay marriage in the Empire State. The pair wanted to wait until the state legally recognized same-sex marriage, which lawmakers passed in summer 2011.
The newlyweds have three children in total, according to examiner.com. Marinoni and Nixon are the parents of 15-month-old Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni. Nixon is the mother of 16-year-old Samantha and 9-year-old Charles, with ex-husband Danny Mozes. Nixon and Mozes were married from 1988 to 2003.
Nixon portrayed Miranda in the acclaimed series and movies. Nixon also had a critically-acclaimed guest turn on ER and earned fabulous reviews for her recent performance in the play, Wit. Nixon shaved her head to help her get into character to portray a woman battling cancer.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married