Cynthia Nixon Marries Longtime Partner Christine Marinoni
Former Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon now enjoys wedded bliss. Nixon and her longtime partner Christine Marinoni, an education activist, married in New York City Sunday. Nixon wore a custom Carolina Herrera gown for the nuptials, People magazine reported.
Openly gay New Hampshire Bishop Gene Robinson was rumored to be officiating the wedding, according to reports in January. Robinson became a controversial figure—in some circles—when he became the Episcopal Church’s first gay bishop.
Nixon, 46, and Marinoni, 46, met in 2001 while working together for a charity and got engaged during a 2009 rally to support gay marriage in the Empire State. The pair wanted to wait until the state legally recognized same-sex marriage, which lawmakers passed in summer 2011.
The newlyweds have three children in total, according to examiner.com. Marinoni and Nixon are the parents of 15-month-old Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni. Nixon is the mother of 16-year-old Samantha and 9-year-old Charles, with ex-husband Danny Mozes. Nixon and Mozes were married from 1988 to 2003.
Nixon portrayed Miranda in the acclaimed series and movies. Nixon also had a critically-acclaimed guest turn on ER and earned fabulous reviews for her recent performance in the play, Wit. Nixon shaved her head to help her get into character to portray a woman battling cancer.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot