Dark colors and florals are definitely a wedding trend that will be emerging in 2017. Photographers Don and Julia put together a photo shoot entitled, “Urban Decay II Fall Session” to showcase ways to incorporate these elements into your upcoming wedding.
From the photographer, Weddings by Don and Julia: Our love for abandon locations and unique characters have always put us out there as a little different when it comes to our photography.
We incorporated an abandon schoolhouse as the location. Our details consisted of brass candle holders, dinner placements, fall floral arrangements, smoke bombs, desserts, and the location itself. Our theme was vintage post modern, with dominant coloring consisting of purples, blues and subtle greys throughout. We kept a modern feel to our imagery, but still reveal the authenticity of the location and the couple. We chose a same sex couple to diverse our portfolio and these ladies are some of our favorite people here in Spokane. This styled shoot was shot in Govan, WA, one of the many ghost towns in Washington, and is a continuation of a larger series called Urban Decay.
Photography: Weddings by Don and Julia
Styling: Soiree Event Design
Cake: Sweets Geeky Cakes
Florist: Dragon Flower Design
Hair and Makeup: Terri Reece Studios
Stationary: John Rawley
Grey Dress: Urban Outfitters
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal