Dark colors and florals are definitely a wedding trend that will be emerging in 2017. Photographers Don and Julia put together a photo shoot entitled, “Urban Decay II Fall Session” to showcase ways to incorporate these elements into your upcoming wedding.
From the photographer, Weddings by Don and Julia: Our love for abandon locations and unique characters have always put us out there as a little different when it comes to our photography.
We incorporated an abandon schoolhouse as the location. Our details consisted of brass candle holders, dinner placements, fall floral arrangements, smoke bombs, desserts, and the location itself. Our theme was vintage post modern, with dominant coloring consisting of purples, blues and subtle greys throughout. We kept a modern feel to our imagery, but still reveal the authenticity of the location and the couple. We chose a same sex couple to diverse our portfolio and these ladies are some of our favorite people here in Spokane. This styled shoot was shot in Govan, WA, one of the many ghost towns in Washington, and is a continuation of a larger series called Urban Decay.
Photography: Weddings by Don and Julia
Styling: Soiree Event Design
Cake: Sweets Geeky Cakes
Florist: Dragon Flower Design
Hair and Makeup: Terri Reece Studios
Stationary: John Rawley
Grey Dress: Urban Outfitters
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding