Dark colors and florals are definitely a wedding trend that will be emerging in 2017. Photographers Don and Julia put together a photo shoot entitled, “Urban Decay II Fall Session” to showcase ways to incorporate these elements into your upcoming wedding.
From the photographer, Weddings by Don and Julia: Our love for abandon locations and unique characters have always put us out there as a little different when it comes to our photography.
We incorporated an abandon schoolhouse as the location. Our details consisted of brass candle holders, dinner placements, fall floral arrangements, smoke bombs, desserts, and the location itself. Our theme was vintage post modern, with dominant coloring consisting of purples, blues and subtle greys throughout. We kept a modern feel to our imagery, but still reveal the authenticity of the location and the couple. We chose a same sex couple to diverse our portfolio and these ladies are some of our favorite people here in Spokane. This styled shoot was shot in Govan, WA, one of the many ghost towns in Washington, and is a continuation of a larger series called Urban Decay.
Photography: Weddings by Don and Julia
Styling: Soiree Event Design
Cake: Sweets Geeky Cakes
Florist: Dragon Flower Design
Hair and Makeup: Terri Reece Studios
Stationary: John Rawley
Grey Dress: Urban Outfitters
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal