Destination beach yacht club wedding in South Australia
Emily and Angel held their intimate destination wedding ceremony at the Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, surrounded by multimillion-dollar yachts.
“Emily and Angel chose to be prepared in the same location, together at a property not far from the Cruising Yacht Club. The atmosphere was reasonably laid back with family and friends also on-site fussing about, preparing lunch or getting ready while watching a Chinese action movie on the TV in the background. I was treated to some scrumptious homemade food while there, and it was very much appreciated!
The Cruising Yacht club of SA is a well-kept secret of Adelaide wedding venues, nestled along the shores of the northwestern Adelaide beaches, the marina and club rooms are hard to spot unless you are looking out for the venue as you drive past. The main draw of the venue for weddings would be the views of the marina and exclusivity of the space provided—including gated car parking and a hidden wedding ceremony spot.
The wedding ceremony location set up at the Cruising Yacht Club of SA is a small, dedicated area set off to the side of the marina, shaded by cloth sails and headlined by an impressive concrete circular station where the bridal couple stands during the ceremony. Emily and Angel’s wedding ceremony was held bilingually in both English and Chinese for the benefit of all those in attendance and made everyone smile with its innate sweetness and beauty.
The Cruising Yacht club of SA has a number of different function rooms to choose from when holding a wedding ceremony. As Emily and Angel’s wedding party wasn’t on the large side, they opted to make use of the smaller of the available areas for their wedding reception. It was a nice space that boasted sweeping views of the marina and all the boats. The highlight of their party was their duel bouquet toss, where they both threw their bouquet at the same time. it’s always fun when everyone joins in for that!” —from the photographer, SvenStudios
Venue: Cruising Yacht Club of SA
Ring Designer: I-PRIMO
Officiant: Anna Wu Celebrancy Services
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts