Destination beach yacht club wedding in South Australia
Emily and Angel held their intimate destination wedding ceremony at the Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, surrounded by multimillion-dollar yachts.
“Emily and Angel chose to be prepared in the same location, together at a property not far from the Cruising Yacht Club. The atmosphere was reasonably laid back with family and friends also on-site fussing about, preparing lunch or getting ready while watching a Chinese action movie on the TV in the background. I was treated to some scrumptious homemade food while there, and it was very much appreciated!
The Cruising Yacht club of SA is a well-kept secret of Adelaide wedding venues, nestled along the shores of the northwestern Adelaide beaches, the marina and club rooms are hard to spot unless you are looking out for the venue as you drive past. The main draw of the venue for weddings would be the views of the marina and exclusivity of the space provided—including gated car parking and a hidden wedding ceremony spot.
The wedding ceremony location set up at the Cruising Yacht Club of SA is a small, dedicated area set off to the side of the marina, shaded by cloth sails and headlined by an impressive concrete circular station where the bridal couple stands during the ceremony. Emily and Angel’s wedding ceremony was held bilingually in both English and Chinese for the benefit of all those in attendance and made everyone smile with its innate sweetness and beauty.
The Cruising Yacht club of SA has a number of different function rooms to choose from when holding a wedding ceremony. As Emily and Angel’s wedding party wasn’t on the large side, they opted to make use of the smaller of the available areas for their wedding reception. It was a nice space that boasted sweeping views of the marina and all the boats. The highlight of their party was their duel bouquet toss, where they both threw their bouquet at the same time. it’s always fun when everyone joins in for that!” —from the photographer, SvenStudios
Venue: Cruising Yacht Club of SA
Ring Designer: I-PRIMO
Officiant: Anna Wu Celebrancy Services
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married