Engagement photos at the Millennium Gate in Atlanta, Georgia
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 3 years ago 1 min read
Jemal and Kinte celebrated their engagement with spring photos at the Millennium Gate Museum in Atlanta, Georgia.
What did you do for your first date?
We went to see the 1st Avengers movie 2012.
Who proposed and how?
Kinte proposed during his birthday party. He had our family fly up for the party and proposal. He had me and two others play a guessing game that required us to take a double shot, spin around and glance back quickly behind you and to see who could guess how many people were behind you. Of course, I was last to go, after my final spin, I was face-to-face with Kinte on one knee asking me to marry him.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Cain’s Camera
Location: Millennium Gate Museum & The Biltmore
Design and Decor: Unique Rose Events and Designs
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)