DIY: How to design a wedding reception dessert table
Ever wonder how to design a wedding reception dessert table with expert skill but for a fraction of the price? You can be your own Amy Atlas (the queen of the dessert table for parties and weddings) with the right elements and planning.
Step 1: Set up your table
* Different heights and angles look stylish and allow easy access to all the desserts
* Props fill in empty space so use items such as metals branches, confetti and lanterns for a chic look
* Use a variety of plate and cup shapes
Step 2: Add visual flair
* Choose plates that complement your color theme. If the desserts are vibrant, go with simple white or muted hues. If your desserts are chocolate, colorful plates are a great accent.
* A variety of desserts is nice, but consider the number of guests. More isn’t always better since you won’t want leftovers.
* Spruce up your desserts and charm your guests by adding metallic straws and confetti or small banners.
Step 3: The details
* Label desserts or write sweet messages
* Use printable cupcake labels, cake toppers and flags to add a fun element
Step 4: Build your backdrop
* Use one of these three spectacular backdrop DIYs for affordable options that all take under two hours!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland
- U.S. soccer stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are now engaged
- Modern intimate destination wedding with Hawaiian traditions