DIY: How to design a wedding reception dessert table
Ever wonder how to design a wedding reception dessert table with expert skill but for a fraction of the price? You can be your own Amy Atlas (the queen of the dessert table for parties and weddings) with the right elements and planning.
Step 1: Set up your table
* Different heights and angles look stylish and allow easy access to all the desserts
* Props fill in empty space so use items such as metals branches, confetti and lanterns for a chic look
* Use a variety of plate and cup shapes
Step 2: Add visual flair
* Choose plates that complement your color theme. If the desserts are vibrant, go with simple white or muted hues. If your desserts are chocolate, colorful plates are a great accent.
* A variety of desserts is nice, but consider the number of guests. More isn’t always better since you won’t want leftovers.
* Spruce up your desserts and charm your guests by adding metallic straws and confetti or small banners.
Step 3: The details
* Label desserts or write sweet messages
* Use printable cupcake labels, cake toppers and flags to add a fun element
Step 4: Build your backdrop
* Use one of these three spectacular backdrop DIYs for affordable options that all take under two hours!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy