DIY: How to design a wedding reception dessert table
Ever wonder how to design a wedding reception dessert table with expert skill but for a fraction of the price? You can be your own Amy Atlas (the queen of the dessert table for parties and weddings) with the right elements and planning.
Step 1: Set up your table
* Different heights and angles look stylish and allow easy access to all the desserts
* Props fill in empty space so use items such as metals branches, confetti and lanterns for a chic look
* Use a variety of plate and cup shapes
Step 2: Add visual flair
* Choose plates that complement your color theme. If the desserts are vibrant, go with simple white or muted hues. If your desserts are chocolate, colorful plates are a great accent.
* A variety of desserts is nice, but consider the number of guests. More isn’t always better since you won’t want leftovers.
* Spruce up your desserts and charm your guests by adding metallic straws and confetti or small banners.
Step 3: The details
* Label desserts or write sweet messages
* Use printable cupcake labels, cake toppers and flags to add a fun element
Step 4: Build your backdrop
* Use one of these three spectacular backdrop DIYs for affordable options that all take under two hours!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, MA
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone
- Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
- Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
- Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality