Don’t Want to do a First Dance? Try One of These Alternatives
[title maintitle=”” subtitle=”If you’re a couple that steers clear of the limelight, or the thought of dancing in front of all your friends and family gives you major anxiety, try one of these first wedding dance alternatives instead”]
1. Have a champagne toast followed by an all-guest dance. Once you’re announced as a married couple, have guests raise a glass to your life together with a first drink. Then have the DJ bring up an upbeat song and invite all your guests to join you on the dance floor to get the party started.
3. Play a special song. Having a band? Have them perform your favorite song and serenade you in lieu of a first dance. If you’re not having a band, you could ask a talented pal to sing.
4. Invite all the couples to the dance floor. Ask all married couples to share the first dance with you in honor of marriage and a lifetime of love. You could also invite the longest-married couple in the room to join you on the dance floor.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married