Don’t Want to do a First Dance? Try One of These Alternatives
[title maintitle=”” subtitle=”If you’re a couple that steers clear of the limelight, or the thought of dancing in front of all your friends and family gives you major anxiety, try one of these first wedding dance alternatives instead”]
1. Have a champagne toast followed by an all-guest dance. Once you’re announced as a married couple, have guests raise a glass to your life together with a first drink. Then have the DJ bring up an upbeat song and invite all your guests to join you on the dance floor to get the party started.
3. Play a special song. Having a band? Have them perform your favorite song and serenade you in lieu of a first dance. If you’re not having a band, you could ask a talented pal to sing.
4. Invite all the couples to the dance floor. Ask all married couples to share the first dance with you in honor of marriage and a lifetime of love. You could also invite the longest-married couple in the room to join you on the dance floor.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Wedding inspiration for queer love in Seattle with handfasting, a disco ball and vegan donuts
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration