Don’t Want to do a First Dance? Try One of These Alternatives
[title maintitle=”” subtitle=”If you’re a couple that steers clear of the limelight, or the thought of dancing in front of all your friends and family gives you major anxiety, try one of these first wedding dance alternatives instead”]
1. Have a champagne toast followed by an all-guest dance. Once you’re announced as a married couple, have guests raise a glass to your life together with a first drink. Then have the DJ bring up an upbeat song and invite all your guests to join you on the dance floor to get the party started.
3. Play a special song. Having a band? Have them perform your favorite song and serenade you in lieu of a first dance. If you’re not having a band, you could ask a talented pal to sing.
4. Invite all the couples to the dance floor. Ask all married couples to share the first dance with you in honor of marriage and a lifetime of love. You could also invite the longest-married couple in the room to join you on the dance floor.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida