Stunning barely begins to describe the magical wedding of Giulia and Veronika, which took place at an actual castle in Tuscany, Italy. With a floral arch, dangling lights, and earthy decor that uplifted the natural world around them, the pair says the wedding felt like a dream.
How They Met
The couple met in a disco five years earlier. They danced together but never exchanged numbers. By chance (or by fate) they ran into each other again in Florence.
“When I went out of the restaurant and saw two girls walking across the street,” says Veronika, “I didn’t remember that I had already danced with that girl, but I wanted to know her at all costs, while Giulia recognized me immediately.”
For the next few years, they seemed to keep running into each other, until finally, they started dating. They got engaged on New Year’s Eve, while fireworks exploded above them.
“I don’t remember who was the first to propose,” Veronika says, “We probably both said it at the same time!”
What Do You Love About Each Other?
Giulia: I can’t point out the exact date I fell in love with Veronika…but I can confirm that I always knew in my heart she was the one. I keep telling her everyday, I can’t believe it… how incredibly beautiful she is, from morning to dawn. She is beautiful even when she is angry.
Veronika: We have this little playfulness in our daily life, that I keep telling Giulia: “Did I tell you on these last five minutes that I love you?” And she says: “No, you didn’t tell me…that you are madly in love with me.” Or I tell her: “My love, it’s been already 5 minutes that you don’t say you love me.”
Giulia: Veronika likes esoteric things. She believes in crystals and energy, our house is full of special rocks and crystals. She attached some type of rock or crystal to our water bottles, and I am amazed to realize that she transforms normal water into incredibly good water using her energy. Everything that relates to this universe reminds me of her.
Veronika: Giulia has introduced me to the literary world. She is a poet. When I see books, I immediately think about her. I can’t imagine my life without Giulia. Now that I know her, I will never let her go.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Giorgia Maddaloni
Venue: Castello di Bibbione
Florist: Barbara Becarelli
Invitation Designer: La Precisina
Attire: Atelier Andreia Cruz
Videographer: Alte Vedute
Caterer: Rolands Florence
Cake: Sugarcups Cake Design
Makeup & Hair: Suely Menichetti
Vintage Car: Slow Hills
Rentals: Preludio Division Noleggio
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca