We met in Italy. We are both active duty military officers in the United States Air Force and were introduced through one of my closest friends, who was sponsoring (introducing Brandon) to the local area. We connected instantly and the relationship went fast from there with me proposing to Brandon near Lake Garda at a nice spa resort (with a custom made ring, that I designed, if I may add).
We then got married in November in a small do it yourself wedding in a villa in Tuscany with our family watching on Facebook live. We decided to go to Paris because I surprised Brandon with a trip for his birthday (knowing it was a place he and I both wanted to go). We treated it as a late honeymoon and to treat ourselves.
The shoot was inspired by our love and connection to each other and as the wedding photos we never took (poor weather made our plans change the day of our wedding). We styled ourselves in formal and casual wardrobes. For the formal outfit, we wore the same suits and outfits we wore for our wedding (which we bought at a small producer in Aviano, Italy). The casual shoot we used our Stitch Fix styles and wanted to somewhat match and have spring time casual looks that we would wear out on a daily basis.
For the shoot we were both equally excited and anxious. We know that not everyone reacts well or openly to same-sex couples. Also, I can be awkward with photos and especially the serious/cheesy/romantic stuff! However, we had an awesome photographer and our photo shoot and time that morning are some of our favorite memories because of the beautiful morning air, empty areas, and just great laughs, memories and experiences Pierre helped create and capture.
Advice for future couples shooting in Paris would just be to embrace it and take it in. Also, shoot in the morning and don’t force it. Some of the times we forgot Pierre was there and it was just a great experience to be able to be up so early (which neither of us are morning people). Embrace and just take in where you are, what you are doing, and who you are with (it is all such an unbelievable and indescribable experience).
From the couple, Trevor and Brandon
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL