Elegant cathedral wedding in San Francisco, California
Leroy and Brian had an elegant ceremony at Grace Cathedral and reception at Westin St. Francis in San Francisco with a drag performance.
Leroy and Brian’s story began at a Halloween party in 2013. They were introduced by a coworker who decided that they might be a good match. Brian invited Leroy to his Halloween party. Their first date was at Polvo’s, a local Mexican restaurant in the heart of Austin. This is the same place where Brian popped the question four years later on Friday the 13th.
They decided to marry exactly one year later in San Francisco and chose San Francisco because of their special connection to the city. The ceremony was at Grace Cathedral and ended with the ringing of the carillon bells as their guests showered them with bubbles. The priest gave a beautiful homily, he spoke about their love story and family. This was something that hit home for the couple as both families were not in attendance due to their strongly held religious beliefs.
Right before Brian walked out to meet Leroy at the altar he turned to their wedding planner, Jessica, and received the mom hug he had always dreamed he would receive on his big day. He will always hold a special place in his heart for her, not only for her amazing services but also for the kindness she provided for the couple throughout the year. The reception followed at The Westin St. Francis where guests took a glass elevator ride to the reception venue which provided stunning views of San Francisco. The flowers were works of art that were created with love. Brenda brought the couple’s vision to life and the room came alive with these elegant arrangements. The cake was very important to Brian; it was so important that he made a special trip to San Francisco for additional cake tastings.
Photographer: Sasha Photography
Event Planner: Dreams on a Dime Events & Weddings
Ceremony Location: Grace Cathedral
Reception Venue: Westin St. Francis Union Square
Tuxedos: The Black Tux
Drag: Mahlae Balenciaga
Florals: Kuga Designs
Cake: Cake Coquette
Transportation: Nationwide Limousine Services
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot