[title maintitle=”” subtitle=”A gorgeous elegant romantic rooftop wedding for Clay and Ruben in Sacramento, California”]
This was a special day, like no other. The wedding was a representation of all the love that’s shared in our lives; between us and among our friends and family. On this day, I not only received a wonderful husband but an extended family who loves and supports us as a couple. This was a day that delivered more than I could ever have dared to hope for. Being a recovered Fundamentalist Christian, this day validated what I always knew to be true in my heart: Love is love. God (or the universe) doesn’t care who you love, only that you love.
Ruben and I spent the night prior to the wedding apart from each other and I didn’t want to see him until we arrived at the alter. From that day forward our life together would be forever different. We would no longer be “boyfriends,” but husbands.
The wedding party was made up our best friends, and they went first. I then proceeded to the alter and waited for Ruben. I was standing there, the harpist was playing “Somewhere Out There,” and I glanced up to see Ruben walking down the aisle. I then saw my grandmother, and Ruben’s mother sitting in the front rows. I could barely keep it together, but we managed to get through the vows we had written to each other. No day will ever be as special or significant to me in my life.
Wedding Planner: Alison Cameron Ulshoffer
Wedding Party Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
Photographer: Heidi Geldhauser, Our Labor of Love
Ceremony and Reception Site: Sacramento Grand Ballroom
Florist: Cheryl Sage, Accents by Sage
Wedding Night Hotel: The Citizen Hotel
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot