A romantic Paris photo shoot for two grooms from Chicago
Before they began dating, Brian and Cameron, who were both born and raised in Chicago, graduated from rival high schools. Later, they would learn they actually had a lot of friends and acquaintances in common and that they shared an interest in culture, design and nature. However, they didn’t actually meet until they both attended an art exhibition in May 2013, and one of their best friends Garry introduced them.
Brian and Cameron both had a casual sense of humor and a fondness for live music and beauty, factors that quickly cemented their friendship. A couple months later, they were both invited to spend a camping weekend gateway in Louisiana, where they had a wonderful time with great friends. They ate delicious food, sipped tasty beverages and admired spectacular views. They started to share a beautiful friendship that was growing more and more.
After experiencing such a wonderful time together, they knew they never wanted to be apart again. Although Chicago had always been home for both of them, Brian had visited the city of Paris as a student, and he always knew it would be the ideal place to pop the question! After the new American law legalizing same-sex marriage passed, they got the little extra inspirational push they needed to take the plunge.
But before they tied the knot, it was very important for them to have the approval of their families. Needless to say, everyone was excited about their relationship and encouraged their decision to marry! Today, they are madly in love with each other, and their fondness and devotion for one another continues to grow with each day that passes. Brian and Cameron spent a week in Paris at the end of the summer and wanted to capture their happiness. They proposed a few weeks later back home, and are planning to marry in May 2016.
From Ben&Hope Photography: “We had so much fun capturing some of the silly looks and moments! I was so thrilled when Jean Charles of Sumptuous Events asked me to document this special moment in Brian and Cameron’s life. Being able to work with such delightful and loving couples like Brian and Cameron is the reason we love our job!
From Brian: When I look back in the past, I can tell you today, that the minute I saw Brian, I knew he would be the one crazy kid I was looking for. It took us a while to admit it, but we were obviously meant to be! I really just thank God for placing us in one another’s lives! He really is a blessing in my life, and I’m thankful I will be able to call him my husband in a few months!
From Cameron: I always thought it would be silly to have pictures taken with my boyfriend, and it felt really at first awkward kissing him in front of the Parisians. I quickly realized that French people were extremely tolerant. I had one of the best vacations of my life so far, and I wish we had planned to have our wedding in a French castle. We are planning to have our honeymoon in the French Riviera and explore the region!
Photographer: Ben & Hope Photography
Event Planner: Sumptuous Events Paris
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall