Olivia and Ashley traveled to the Taj Mahal for their engagement photos and to Kathmandu, Nepal, to get their rings.
My love. Life is undoubtedly an incredible adventure with you by my side. I am so grateful for your existence. I am so honored to know your soul and so completely humbled to love you. I respect and share your values, and I am so grateful that the world has people like you in it. I support every one of your dreams. I know you will forever keep me on my toes, continuing to give me a run for my money, keeping me challenged all the days of our lives. (And goddess knows I need that, even when I don’t always necessarily want it.)
And I also know that you will dance with me. You will travel with me. You will grocery shop for us (because you know that gives me anxiety) and you will cook for us (because without you I’d eat like a bachelor). You will passionately advocate and continue to fight for the betterment of this world. And I know you will continue to keep laughing with me and keep loving with me through it all.
We have made it through more in the last six years together than many people deal with in a lifetime and we’re still here. We are still choosing to show up, still choosing each other, day after day. Even when it’s hard. Especially when it’s hard. You have absolutely shown me how to love. You have broken my heart wide open, you have illuminated what unconditional love truly is and you have shown me every piece of myself in the purest sense.
You have truly acted as a mirror so that I may see myself a little more clearly, and show up a little more fully in this world. And it is truly such an honor to witness your journey unfold. We continue to prove that healing is possible, that growth is a constant evolution and experiential practice, and that with the right humans in your clan/coven/chosen family, most anything is possible. Loving you is pure magic, sweet creature. All of it. All of the time. You are a cosmic force to be reckoned with, and I am so honored to stand by your side. I promise to always have your back. I promise to always be on your team. Because I know your heart. And she is pure light. I will love you forever. I have loved you for always. Let’s have a big party in the forest to celebrate. —from Olivia, one half of the couple
Photographer: OMB // photography
Jewelry: Shree Balaji Diamond
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone
- Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
- Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
- Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
- Vintage travel-inspired fall barn wedding in Mickleton, New Jersey
- Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York