Olivia and Ashley traveled to the Taj Mahal for their engagement photos and to Kathmandu, Nepal, to get their rings.
My love. Life is undoubtedly an incredible adventure with you by my side. I am so grateful for your existence. I am so honored to know your soul and so completely humbled to love you. I respect and share your values, and I am so grateful that the world has people like you in it. I support every one of your dreams. I know you will forever keep me on my toes, continuing to give me a run for my money, keeping me challenged all the days of our lives. (And goddess knows I need that, even when I don’t always necessarily want it.)
And I also know that you will dance with me. You will travel with me. You will grocery shop for us (because you know that gives me anxiety) and you will cook for us (because without you I’d eat like a bachelor). You will passionately advocate and continue to fight for the betterment of this world. And I know you will continue to keep laughing with me and keep loving with me through it all.
We have made it through more in the last six years together than many people deal with in a lifetime and we’re still here. We are still choosing to show up, still choosing each other, day after day. Even when it’s hard. Especially when it’s hard. You have absolutely shown me how to love. You have broken my heart wide open, you have illuminated what unconditional love truly is and you have shown me every piece of myself in the purest sense.
You have truly acted as a mirror so that I may see myself a little more clearly, and show up a little more fully in this world. And it is truly such an honor to witness your journey unfold. We continue to prove that healing is possible, that growth is a constant evolution and experiential practice, and that with the right humans in your clan/coven/chosen family, most anything is possible. Loving you is pure magic, sweet creature. All of it. All of the time. You are a cosmic force to be reckoned with, and I am so honored to stand by your side. I promise to always have your back. I promise to always be on your team. Because I know your heart. And she is pure light. I will love you forever. I have loved you for always. Let’s have a big party in the forest to celebrate. —from Olivia, one half of the couple
Photographer: OMB // photography
Jewelry: Shree Balaji Diamond
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married