Sarah and Summer met at the Jackpot Saloon (now closed), in Lawrence, Kansas. That didn’t stop them from including in their engagement session, along with a long time favorite bar across the street, The Replay, to grab a drink and play on some pinball machines. After a bit of traversing around downtown Lawrence and a short bike ride, they then went to Potter’s Lake at the Kansas University campus ground to end their session. Sarah and Summer are set to tie the knot June 2019.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Kelsey Diane Photography
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line