Fall golden hour mountain elopement with dog attendants
Maleah and Taylor got married in October and had an intimate and romantic golden hour elopement overlooking the mountains. They traveled from their home in Columbus, Ohio to get married in Asheville, North Carolina, after two years engaged (Taylor proposed to Maleah). They did their first dance to “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Do what makes you happy. Don’t conform to ideas that aren’t you. We knew non-traditional was our thing, so we ran with it. And we don’t regret what we did one bit.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Our biggest challenge was inviting people to our wedding. There were a lot of questions about who we should take or if we should take them. Our relationship has not been accepted well by some family members, so it was a difficult subject. We ended up going with our best friends who are our family and we plan to celebrate with the rest of our family and other friends for our one-year anniversary!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
I think the pleasant surprises came from everyone we touched base with in North Carolina. Our Airbnb host was great and we ran into several people who congratulated us during our pictures, which was awesome! When you’re an LGBTQ+ couple, sometimes you can feel on edge. To be honest, everyone involved in our wedding, North Carolina and friends made the whole experience something amazing.
Photographer: Eliza Bell Photography
Hair and Makeup: Lola Salon and Gallery
Florist: Elope Asheville
Planner: Elope Asheville
Attire: David’s Bridal
Cake: Wellbred Bakery
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married