Tented outdoor summer beach wedding in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 3 years ago 1 min read
Leah and Grace got married at their family’s oceanfront home on Cape Cod in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, with an outdoor ceremony and tented reception. They had an August wedding and got ready together inside the private residence; they had no wedding party and walked into the ceremony together. They were married by family friend Chief Justice Margaret H. Marshall, who wrote the opinion on same-sex marriage that made it legal in Massachusetts.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Nelly Saraiva – Wedding & Boudoir Photographer
Equipment Rentals: Peak Event Services and Chase Canopy
Rings: Brilliant Earth
Dress Store: Anthropologie
Caterer: Blackstone Caterers
Event Planner: wendy joblon events
Floral Designer: Farrissey Floral Design
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding