Greg and Matt’s vineyard wedding gave guests the feeling of fall everywhere they turned. From the invitation, in autumn hues of red and gold and orange, to the glowing sun shining down on the vineyard during the outdoor ceremony.
Matt walked down the aisle with his parents, and Greg walked down with his mom. The ceremony took place under a chuppah, the traditional canopy that a Jewish couple stands under during their wedding. After exchanging vows, the newlyweds partook in the traditional breaking of the glass. Yarmulkes, traditionally worn by men at Jewish ceremonies, were available for guests to take if they were interested in wearing one. Matt and Greg took part in the tradition of signing a ketubah, which is viewed as a premarital contract of sorts. It was signed before the ceremony with witnesses present, and was displayed in front of the chuppah as Greg and Matt tied the knot.
The reception took place indoors, filled with rustic decor. Guests sat on chairs carved from branches. The tables were decorated with small branches in mossy pots, with a few autumn-hued leaves still attached to the centerpieces to match the season outdoors. After enjoying a sitdown meal, guests danced the night away.
Photographer: Aaron Watson Photography
Wedding venue: King Family Vineyard
DJ: John Garland
Catering: The Local
Officiants: Rabbi Vanessa Ochs & Rev. John Forrest Douglas
Rentals: MS Events
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot