Floral bouquet alternatives
Bouquets are a common tradition for weddings. Typically made out of seasonal flowers, bouquets are held while walking down the aisle. Want the tradition of holding a statement piece, but aren’t interested in a floral arrangement? There are bouquet alternatives. Bonus points to these options because they will last a lifetime, unlike floral bouquets which need to be dried.
Shop new brooches you like. Go on a thrift store shopping spree. Gather your favorite brooches from your friends and family. Include a combination of all three. Design your brooch bouquet to match your style and the theme of your wedding.
Love birds? Having a boho wedding? Just really enjoy feathers? Make a bouquet out of them! Choose from natural feathers, feathers dyed to match the color of your wedding, peacock feathers or the feathers from your favorite bird.
If you love the floral look but don’t want to sneeze down the aisle over flower allergies, opt for a fabric bouquet. These can be white or colorful and include fancy pins or gems depending on your style.
Getting married in a cool climate? Slip your hands into a muff and keep them warm as you walk down the aisle. A muff is a stylish accessory that can also used in photos and gives you something to do with your hands in lieu of holding an accessory as you walk down the aisle.
Making flowers out of tissue paper can be a great DIY project for wedding parties to do together. Tissue paper flowers are a cost effective alternative to traditional floral bouquets and are fun to make and customize.
Bouquets can come in any medium. Make flowers out of yarn or felt, fold a special origami piece out of your favorite craft paper, hold a candle as you walk down the aisle. Choose an item that has significance to you and style it into a fashion that allows you to walk comfortably with it, whether you hold it, wear it or otherwise.
What are you walking down the aisle with? Tell us below!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter