Floral bouquet alternatives
Bouquets are a common tradition for weddings. Typically made out of seasonal flowers, bouquets are held while walking down the aisle. Want the tradition of holding a statement piece, but aren’t interested in a floral arrangement? There are bouquet alternatives. Bonus points to these options because they will last a lifetime, unlike floral bouquets which need to be dried.
Shop new brooches you like. Go on a thrift store shopping spree. Gather your favorite brooches from your friends and family. Include a combination of all three. Design your brooch bouquet to match your style and the theme of your wedding.
Love birds? Having a boho wedding? Just really enjoy feathers? Make a bouquet out of them! Choose from natural feathers, feathers dyed to match the color of your wedding, peacock feathers or the feathers from your favorite bird.
If you love the floral look but don’t want to sneeze down the aisle over flower allergies, opt for a fabric bouquet. These can be white or colorful and include fancy pins or gems depending on your style.
Getting married in a cool climate? Slip your hands into a muff and keep them warm as you walk down the aisle. A muff is a stylish accessory that can also used in photos and gives you something to do with your hands in lieu of holding an accessory as you walk down the aisle.
Making flowers out of tissue paper can be a great DIY project for wedding parties to do together. Tissue paper flowers are a cost effective alternative to traditional floral bouquets and are fun to make and customize.
Bouquets can come in any medium. Make flowers out of yarn or felt, fold a special origami piece out of your favorite craft paper, hold a candle as you walk down the aisle. Choose an item that has significance to you and style it into a fashion that allows you to walk comfortably with it, whether you hold it, wear it or otherwise.
What are you walking down the aisle with? Tell us below!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings