Florida beach wedding
When Marisa and Courtney planned their wedding, they knew a Florida beach wedding was for them. Incorporating their family into the day, the couple’s two dogs acted as their flower girls. The wedding featured many unique elements to make the day special including a lobster release during the ceremony, a special message in a bottle guest book and favors that doubled as favors. Bright colors were visible everywhere, from the bouquet to table floral arrangements to the cake. Everyone was all smiles from Marisa and Courtney to their families to all the guests.
From the photographer, Mary Veal: Courtney and Marisa met as coworkers. The electricity surrounding them every time they worked together was immediate and continued to grow until they were forced to acknowledge their feelings, thoughts and desires for each other. It was love at first sight and continues growing daily with their shared interests of road trips, cooking, puzzles and family time with their fur babies strengthening the bond. These two vacation in the Florida Keys and with its laid back tropical atmosphere they knew it was the perfect location for them to marry.
Some of the unique elements of the wedding is that their bridal party consisted of their dogs as flower girls escorted by Courtney and Marisa’s mothers. During the ceremony they incorporated a “lobster release” because legend has it (and the show Friends) that lobsters mate for life.
Their decor was full of vivid tropical colors with lime and orange being the anchor colors used but also incorporating fuchsia and purples with creative use of floral arrangements. Favors were larger Tervis Tumblers that also served as place cards and their guest book was an engraved champagne bottle that guests were asked to leave a rolled up message and drop in. For their first dance they had their guests participate with sparklers and danced with each other’s fathers as well as their own for the father daughter dance. Surrounded by their closest family and friends they celebrated well into the night. Even the most jaded romantic’s heart will smile after seeing the love these two shared on their wedding day!
Photographer: Mary Veal Photography
Event Planner: Blue Water Weddings
Event Venue: Butterfly Haven
Caterer: Caribbean Catering
Floral Designer: Floral Fantasy
Floral Designer: Floral Fantasy Weddings
Beauty: Florida Keys Bridal Team
Officiant: Lisa’s Weddings
Band: Reel Ting Steel Drum Band
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon destination: Iceland
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles