Cidery marriage proposal
Kyra and Derica took a weekend trip with their friends to visit Virginia. Derica worked with her photographer to plan a surprise proposal. Walking through the cidery, the group decided to take a photo, which turned into Derica’s beautiful proposal to Kyra. The two enjoyed having their photos take for an engagement shoot after the proposal. Having friends in attendance allowed the group to immediately celebrate together, enjoying a warm bonfire.
From the photographer, Brett Denfled: Kyra & Derica live in L.A. but were in town for a weekend getaway trip with friends. Derica had been planning the proposal with me for months. Kyra is one of my best friends from college so I loved that I got asked to be involved! The plan was for everyone to meet at the cidery and then head outside for a “group photo.” After the group photo, Derica started leading Kyra ahead of the group and then knelt down for the proposal!! I hid in the trees crouched behind a utility box and captured the proposal while some of Kyra & Derica’s friends witnessed the proposal! She said YES! Everyone celebrated afterwards around the bonfire!
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot