Cidery marriage proposal
Kyra and Derica took a weekend trip with their friends to visit Virginia. Derica worked with her photographer to plan a surprise proposal. Walking through the cidery, the group decided to take a photo, which turned into Derica’s beautiful proposal to Kyra. The two enjoyed having their photos take for an engagement shoot after the proposal. Having friends in attendance allowed the group to immediately celebrate together, enjoying a warm bonfire.
From the photographer, Brett Denfled: Kyra & Derica live in L.A. but were in town for a weekend getaway trip with friends. Derica had been planning the proposal with me for months. Kyra is one of my best friends from college so I loved that I got asked to be involved! The plan was for everyone to meet at the cidery and then head outside for a “group photo.” After the group photo, Derica started leading Kyra ahead of the group and then knelt down for the proposal!! I hid in the trees crouched behind a utility box and captured the proposal while some of Kyra & Derica’s friends witnessed the proposal! She said YES! Everyone celebrated afterwards around the bonfire!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
- This transgender love story just won the audience choice award at CIFF
- Garden engagement photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory