Cidery marriage proposal
Kyra and Derica took a weekend trip with their friends to visit Virginia. Derica worked with her photographer to plan a surprise proposal. Walking through the cidery, the group decided to take a photo, which turned into Derica’s beautiful proposal to Kyra. The two enjoyed having their photos take for an engagement shoot after the proposal. Having friends in attendance allowed the group to immediately celebrate together, enjoying a warm bonfire.
From the photographer, Brett Denfled: Kyra & Derica live in L.A. but were in town for a weekend getaway trip with friends. Derica had been planning the proposal with me for months. Kyra is one of my best friends from college so I loved that I got asked to be involved! The plan was for everyone to meet at the cidery and then head outside for a “group photo.” After the group photo, Derica started leading Kyra ahead of the group and then knelt down for the proposal!! I hid in the trees crouched behind a utility box and captured the proposal while some of Kyra & Derica’s friends witnessed the proposal! She said YES! Everyone celebrated afterwards around the bonfire!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing