Fun wildlife engagement photos at the National Zoo
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 1 min read
Megan and Marisa just LOVE spending time together at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park (also known as the National Zoo) in Washington, D.C., so it was the perfect place for their engagement photo session. These two are also cat moms to two cats with disabilities, so their love for animals goes beyond their zoo membership. The highlight of the photo session was at the otter exhibit when one particularly friendly otter swam right up to the glass to get in some of the photos.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Megan Rei Photography
Location: National Zoo
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds