Jonathan Van Ness wants to officiate your Pride wedding—here’s how
Have you always dreamed that Jonathan Van Ness would officiate your wedding? The “Queer Eye” star has teamed up with Elysian Brewing and Seattle Pride to marry one couple this upcoming June for Pride Month.
On June 4, the Fab Five’s grooming expert will officiate a wedding at Elysian Brewing’s Capitol Hill Brewpub. And June 4 doesn’t just fall during Pride Month—it also marks the one-year anniversary of when the Supreme Court ruled that a Colorado baker wasn’t required to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
“I’m so excited to team up with Elysian Brewing during Seattle Pride to share the message that all people should be free and proud to express themselves as they are,” Van Ness says. “I can’t wait for June!”
Van Ness was selected for this partnership with Elysian Brewing because he’s always encouraging people to be themselves. “I want Elysian to always be a safe place where anyone within our network can show up as their authentic selves,” Elysian Co-Founder Joe Bisacca says. “You don’t need to change who you are to make other people feel comfortable.”
If you want to enter the contest, the rules are simple: If you’re planning to get married, you and your partner share a video of your love story on Instagram (in 60 seconds or less) before Friday, May 10, using the hashtags #MarryUsJVN and #Contest. Tag both @ElysianBrewing and @SeattlePride, and make sure your Instagram profile is public (not set to private). Winners will be notified between May 13 and 15, giving them a few weeks to plan before the wedding.
Starting June 3, Elysian Brewing is also bringing back their GLITTERIs Pride Ale, the official beer of Seattle Pride, for Pride Month. A portion of sales will benefit the organization. The brew has a 4.4 percent ABV and has a “fruit-forward, hop-heavy character, with additions of blackberry and raspberry purees added into the fermenter for that extra rainbow flavor,” so it’s perfect for fans of fruity beers.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to kick off Seattle Pride festivities, than with this contest in partnership with Elysian Brewing,” says Kevin Toovey, President of Seattle Pride. “We can’t wait to celebrate the wedding of the summer with one lucky couple come June!”
Jonathan Van Ness fans—it’s your time! Go out there, make an incredible video and celebrate Pride in style.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor