Jonathan Van Ness wants to officiate your Pride wedding—here’s how
Have you always dreamed that Jonathan Van Ness would officiate your wedding? The “Queer Eye” star has teamed up with Elysian Brewing and Seattle Pride to marry one couple this upcoming June for Pride Month.
On June 4, the Fab Five’s grooming expert will officiate a wedding at Elysian Brewing’s Capitol Hill Brewpub. And June 4 doesn’t just fall during Pride Month—it also marks the one-year anniversary of when the Supreme Court ruled that a Colorado baker wasn’t required to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
“I’m so excited to team up with Elysian Brewing during Seattle Pride to share the message that all people should be free and proud to express themselves as they are,” Van Ness says. “I can’t wait for June!”
Van Ness was selected for this partnership with Elysian Brewing because he’s always encouraging people to be themselves. “I want Elysian to always be a safe place where anyone within our network can show up as their authentic selves,” Elysian Co-Founder Joe Bisacca says. “You don’t need to change who you are to make other people feel comfortable.”
If you want to enter the contest, the rules are simple: If you’re planning to get married, you and your partner share a video of your love story on Instagram (in 60 seconds or less) before Friday, May 10, using the hashtags #MarryUsJVN and #Contest. Tag both @ElysianBrewing and @SeattlePride, and make sure your Instagram profile is public (not set to private). Winners will be notified between May 13 and 15, giving them a few weeks to plan before the wedding.
Starting June 3, Elysian Brewing is also bringing back their GLITTERIs Pride Ale, the official beer of Seattle Pride, for Pride Month. A portion of sales will benefit the organization. The brew has a 4.4 percent ABV and has a “fruit-forward, hop-heavy character, with additions of blackberry and raspberry purees added into the fermenter for that extra rainbow flavor,” so it’s perfect for fans of fruity beers.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to kick off Seattle Pride festivities, than with this contest in partnership with Elysian Brewing,” says Kevin Toovey, President of Seattle Pride. “We can’t wait to celebrate the wedding of the summer with one lucky couple come June!”
Jonathan Van Ness fans—it’s your time! Go out there, make an incredible video and celebrate Pride in style.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal