Alicia and Morgan’s biggest advice to engaged LGBTQ+ couples is to not settle for anything less than the most respectful vendors.
“Seek out vendors that are proud to represent LGBTQ+ couples,” they say, “or at the very least are gender neutral in their info forms, etc.”
Inclusive vendors made all the difference to their day, they add.
“Our makeup artist, Rachel Frank, was super accommodating and encouraging when it came to minimal ‘makeup’ for Alicia. She made her feel special and pampered without having to worry about overdone makeup.”
“Our photographer, Viara Mileva of Quirky Love Photography was the best surprise because she was the most welcoming and amazing person to spend the day with. She arrived wearing a rainbow bracelet, which, though small, was such a reassuring accessory for someone who is nervous on their wedding day.”
Alicia and Morgan’s wedding took place in September 2019 in Ontario, Canada. The couple called their wedding attendants Bridesmates, and each walked down the aisle with her father. They danced their first dance to Johnny Cash’s Rose of my Heart.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Quirky Love Photography
Venue: The Tannery in Kitchener
Florist: The Plumbers Wife
Invitation Designer: The Gloam
Attire for Partner 1: Sottero and Midley from Sixpence Bridal Studio
Attire for Partner 2: Empire Customs
Jewelry: Ron Wilkins Jewellers
Caterer: Taste at the Tannery
Cake: Hannah Coffey
Officiant: Sue Senior
Hair: Allene Chomyn
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples
- Sunset Wedding Portraits on Mount Lemmon