New Jersey winery wedding with gorgeous geometric arch
Alyssa and Torie describe their May 2019 wedding as “a mixture of rustic, bohemian and romantic vibes.” With the ceremony officiated by a friend, the couple married at Cape May, New Jersey’s Willow Creek Winery beneath a gorgeous geometric arch.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Not everyone might agree with your ideas, but the wedding is about you and no one else. Create your own traditions and do what feels right to you!
What advice do you have for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Make sure that we as an LGBTQ+ couple feel welcome and supported. It makes the planning process much easier and smoother when we feel accepted.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We felt like we found ourselves always asking if the vendor was LGBTQ+ friendly, which is dis-heartening to us, since heterosexual couples don’t have to go through this process. It’s challenging to find a vendor that not only wants to work with you, but that you also feel comfortable working with.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We ended up having more people being supportive of our wedding than we thought, and had more people say “yes” to coming to the wedding than we had thought!!
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Saltwater Studios
Venue: Willow Creek Winery
DJ: SCE Event Group
Invitations: Lace and Belle
Attire: Maggie Sottero dresses purchased at Wedding Belles Boutique
Jewelry: Roberts Jewelers
Attendant Attire: The BLK Tux; Show Me Your Mumu
Videographer: Saltwater Studios
Caterer: The Southern Mansion
Cake: Sweet T’s Bakery
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
- The best way to register for wedding gifts