Golden Gate Park wedding with a gay musical surprise
Beautiful outdoor Golden Gate Park wedding
Jason and Eugene’s wedding took place on a bright and sunny September day in Golden Gate Park. Everyone enjoyed a beautiful ceremony in a secluded section of the park, under a gorgeous windmill. The couple exchanged their own vows, producing many happy tears.
When the ceremony was complete, guests transitioned indoors. Tables were decorated with tan linens, teal table runners, and bright green napkins, which were accented by live greenery on each place setting and as centerpieces. Each chair was covered in a windmill-print pillowcase, which doubled as the wedding favor for guests to take home. The guest book, a print of a tree filled with green leaves and a teal background, matched the decor of the day. Guests were asked to “leaf” their name on the print.
The menu, which told guests, “let’s eat… drink… and be gay!” included a choice of braised short ribs or grilled salmon. Dessert was a warm upside-down apple walnut pie with vanilla ice cream. After the meal, Eugene, a member of the New York Gay Men’s Chorus, joined his friends for a live performance during the reception.
From the photographer, Nicole Cross: Eugene and Jason were married in the company of family and close friends at Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden in Golden Gate Park. Their dinner reception was held at McCormick & Kuleto’s at Ghirardelli Square. After dinner, Eugene and the couple’s friends from the New York Gay Men’s Chorus surprised everyone with a performance.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding