Half and half cakes are the compromise you’re looking for
Chocolate or vanilla? Traditional or modern? Colorful or white? Deciding what type of wedding cake you want to serve at your wedding can seem like an impossible task. Luckily, there’s a solution to your disagreements, and it’s one of few times in the planning process you can both get exactly what you want.
The solution? Business in the front, party in the back. And no, we’re not talking about mullets. Half and half cakes are the answer and they are exactly as they sound. Half of one cake and half of another means you get the superhero cake you’ve been dreaming of and your spouse still gets the intricately decorated floral cake they want.
Better yet, if you look at the cake from one direction, you’ll never know that a completely different cake is hiding on the other side. Make one half traditional and one half your favorite movie. One half decorated with one icing flavor and a different flavor on the other half. Offer different flavors for each layer on the inside. There’s no right way to make a cake, and cakes are not required to look one way or be one flavor. Mimic your wedding day attire with one partner’s style on one side and the other look on the flip side. Use one side to showcase a common interest you share as a couple and one side to be your standard wedding cake.
Need some inspiration? Check out these beauties.
Photo via Cake Central
Still can’t compromise? Just skip the cake and offer a dessert table instead.
Featured image via Sweet Sensations Cakes
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal