Half and half cakes are the compromise you’re looking for
Chocolate or vanilla? Traditional or modern? Colorful or white? Deciding what type of wedding cake you want to serve at your wedding can seem like an impossible task. Luckily, there’s a solution to your disagreements, and it’s one of few times in the planning process you can both get exactly what you want.
The solution? Business in the front, party in the back. And no, we’re not talking about mullets. Half and half cakes are the answer and they are exactly as they sound. Half of one cake and half of another means you get the superhero cake you’ve been dreaming of and your spouse still gets the intricately decorated floral cake they want.
Better yet, if you look at the cake from one direction, you’ll never know that a completely different cake is hiding on the other side. Make one half traditional and one half your favorite movie. One half decorated with one icing flavor and a different flavor on the other half. Offer different flavors for each layer on the inside. There’s no right way to make a cake, and cakes are not required to look one way or be one flavor. Mimic your wedding day attire with one partner’s style on one side and the other look on the flip side. Use one side to showcase a common interest you share as a couple and one side to be your standard wedding cake.
Need some inspiration? Check out these beauties.
Photo via Cake Central
Still can’t compromise? Just skip the cake and offer a dessert table instead.
Featured image via Sweet Sensations Cakes
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples