Half and half cakes are the compromise you’re looking for
Chocolate or vanilla? Traditional or modern? Colorful or white? Deciding what type of wedding cake you want to serve at your wedding can seem like an impossible task. Luckily, there’s a solution to your disagreements, and it’s one of few times in the planning process you can both get exactly what you want.
The solution? Business in the front, party in the back. And no, we’re not talking about mullets. Half and half cakes are the answer and they are exactly as they sound. Half of one cake and half of another means you get the superhero cake you’ve been dreaming of and your spouse still gets the intricately decorated floral cake they want.
Better yet, if you look at the cake from one direction, you’ll never know that a completely different cake is hiding on the other side. Make one half traditional and one half your favorite movie. One half decorated with one icing flavor and a different flavor on the other half. Offer different flavors for each layer on the inside. There’s no right way to make a cake, and cakes are not required to look one way or be one flavor. Mimic your wedding day attire with one partner’s style on one side and the other look on the flip side. Use one side to showcase a common interest you share as a couple and one side to be your standard wedding cake.
Need some inspiration? Check out these beauties.
Photo via Cake Central
Still can’t compromise? Just skip the cake and offer a dessert table instead.
Featured image via Sweet Sensations Cakes
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings