Contemporary blue and white wedding in New York
Matt and Edward are described as a fun and laid back couple, which lended itself to the relaxed feeling of the day. The ceremony took place poolside, under a trellis in an outdoor garden.
To start the ceremony each marrier was escorted down the aisle by their mother. It was a very emotional day, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house when Matthew and Edward read their vows that they wrote themselves.
Due to rain, the reception was moved indoors. Matthew and Edwards wedding was elegant and modern. With 65 guests, the day had a very intimate vibe. The whitewashed farm tables were decorated with black silverware. Blue and yellow accents gave it a clean and contemporary vibe while matching perfectly with the interior of the house.
Signature cocktails graced the menu, ranging from the “Ol’ Man Martinez” made of gin in aged in charred oak (by Edward), sweet vermouth, maraschino liqueur, and bitters to the classics such as a dirty martini, gin and tonic, Aperol Spritz, Manhattan and a Dark and Stormy.
Matt and Edward’s champagne toast featured flutes that were an engagement gift from Edward’s mother. The newlywed’s band was a small jazz band that suited them perfectly since they did not want to have traditional dance sets.
The party turned into a pool party later in the evening as guests were encouraged to bring a swimsuit to the wedding. For dessert, the couple cut into a 4 tier cake decorated in all white with a single blue stripe on each tier and yellow floral arrangements adding a pop of color. As a parting gift, guests received a hangover kit as a favor to take home for the next day.
Photography: Hudson River Photographer
Wedding venue: Private home in Croton-On-Hudson, NY
Florist: Floral Fantasies by Sara
Planner: Every Little Detail Wedding and Event Planning
Attire: Suit Supply
Catering: Gourmet To Go
Cake: Lulu Cakes
Rentals: Events Unlimited
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal