Contemporary blue and white wedding in New York
Matt and Edward are described as a fun and laid back couple, which lended itself to the relaxed feeling of the day. The ceremony took place poolside, under a trellis in an outdoor garden.
To start the ceremony each marrier was escorted down the aisle by their mother. It was a very emotional day, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house when Matthew and Edward read their vows that they wrote themselves.
Due to rain, the reception was moved indoors. Matthew and Edwards wedding was elegant and modern. With 65 guests, the day had a very intimate vibe. The whitewashed farm tables were decorated with black silverware. Blue and yellow accents gave it a clean and contemporary vibe while matching perfectly with the interior of the house.
Signature cocktails graced the menu, ranging from the “Ol’ Man Martinez” made of gin in aged in charred oak (by Edward), sweet vermouth, maraschino liqueur, and bitters to the classics such as a dirty martini, gin and tonic, Aperol Spritz, Manhattan and a Dark and Stormy.
Matt and Edward’s champagne toast featured flutes that were an engagement gift from Edward’s mother. The newlywed’s band was a small jazz band that suited them perfectly since they did not want to have traditional dance sets.
The party turned into a pool party later in the evening as guests were encouraged to bring a swimsuit to the wedding. For dessert, the couple cut into a 4 tier cake decorated in all white with a single blue stripe on each tier and yellow floral arrangements adding a pop of color. As a parting gift, guests received a hangover kit as a favor to take home for the next day.
Photography: Hudson River Photographer
Wedding venue: Private home in Croton-On-Hudson, NY
Florist: Floral Fantasies by Sara
Planner: Every Little Detail Wedding and Event Planning
Attire: Suit Supply
Catering: Gourmet To Go
Cake: Lulu Cakes
Rentals: Events Unlimited
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot