We’re looking for a motivated, collaborative rockstar editor to help us grow our wedding resource for LGBTQ couples. The ideal candidate will have solid editorial experience, a strong interest in the wedding world and LGBTQ equality, sharp WordPress skills, photo editing know-how (Adobe Photoshop is preferred), a commitment to nuanced storytelling, and an interest in honing their editorial skills and an effervescent love for all things wedding.
The associate editor will be responsible for writing and editing multiple posts at once (and publishing at least 10 a week), including profiles, interviews, commentary, and book reviews. He/she will also be responsible for assembling our weekly newsletter, supporting the editorial director, and acting as a liason to our writers on administrative issues.
We welcome self-starters and those with ideas about how to take Equally Wed to the next level. This is a contract gig that will start at 15 hours a week. We all work remotely, so applicants can be anywhere in the U.S.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and several links or examples of your writing, as well as websites you’ve worked on in the back end to email@example.com.
LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot